cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Control in eCATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I recorded a test script which involved recording of some values in GridView Control. I was using SAPGUI(record). The recording went fine but as i executed the test case it resulted in an error saying ..

Error in eCATT function SAPGUI

Error in Control

The error is pointing to the screen where it has to start entering values in the grid. The execution stops there and gives me the error as stated above.

I am Using Solution Manager 3.2 with Web AS 6.20 to run eCATT. My SAP GUI is 6.40 with Patch level 8. Is there any limitations as such on Grid Control or some setting which might be missing. Please help me out ASAP.

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding the reply by ...

I faced a similar problem wherein I had recorded one business process through TCD. I had even used it for almost 10 days on a regular basis.

But one day, it suddenly didnt work and showed the error as "Control Data os Obsolette".

I would like to know if there are any specific reason why this kind of error might occur.

Thanks & regards,

Sasmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sasmita,

Well I did a lot of research on it on my own and created quite a number of test cases and was finally able to deduce what actually the problem is.

This problem occured to me when the visibility of the controls especially Grids was dependent on the input data. Usually what happened was that upon recording the follow of screens that actually occured was not happening upon Replay. It was basically because of the state the screen is in when we leave a transaction. I changed the setting to "Do not Close Session upon Completion" so that i had the replay session available to me at the end or Replay. And i saw that the screen was not at the state that it should be. So what I did was changed the screen state on to which it should be at that time and then left the transaction. Now when i Replayed the test case next time it executed perfectly without any errors.

So basically the problem lies within just the dynamic controls and what we have to ensure is that before we replay the script we exit that transaction from a state which we want it to be in upon replay.

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

Could you please elaborate on how u did this?"Changed the screen state on to which it should be at that time and left the transaction?"I m facing exactly the same problem as discussed above.This is of a very high prio.Please let me know asap.Or  if possible,please attach the screen shot of the settings u did to solve the issue.

Kind Regards,

Ayesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bilal,

Some times SAPGUI behaves very differently. The script working successfully today may not work tomorrow and the error log shows 'Error In Control' Or 'Control Data Obsolete'.

Experience says for such errors, re-recording is the best & quick option ;D. Again, after re-recording keeps on testing these scripts again and again for few days. If it works fine then no problem will occur in future also.

Regards