cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow visio error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I m working with MDM SP05 worflow.Initially whenever i create a workflow the stencils are visible ,I can save the workflow.Whenever I exit it and again open it i get all other stencils apart from workflow stencil..Why is this instability?

Any suggestions?

Regards

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem. I think it is a bug. Just try to connect to MDM Data Manager with the language "English" and create your Workflow. After the workflow is created you can use it under any other language.

Pls share with us if this solves your problem.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Mircea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

Getting all other stencils in the workflow but not the MDM stencils looks like a compatibility issue.

Just verify if you have installed the Workflow installables.exe file of the same version as teh MDM server ie the version as well as the same patch level.

Also make sure you have made the settings in visio as per this doc:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/81/13f2753fa44b2f913cb69379130319/content.htm

It is also important to install the MS Visio software prior to installing the workflows .exe file.The order of installation may sometimes be an issue.

Also make sure of using the MS Visio2003 version and windows 2003.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

I'm also facing the same problem with MS Visio. Once I save and close the Workflow, it is not opening again for editing. Did you find any solution to this problem? I checked settings in Visio --> Tools --> Options and they are all as per Help document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try installing the workflow installable again. ?

Are you using LDAP ?

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just had the same error, we were able to open the visio doc but the stencils didn't open and the error message "unable to open Workflow document" appears. After several trials, even the complete repository stopped and used much more memory to be reloaded. Verify shows no errors or warnings, compacting didn't help. The only way to solve that issue is to reboot the complete server.

This issue might appear when a workflow user has been deleted in the repository but not in the workflow.

Edited by: Missale Jutta on Sep 23, 2008 12:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

I think its a UI problem.Its Better juct check the repository if there is any fatal or non fatal error.If there is any then repair it.Load the repository and work on client.I think it will solve your problem.

Thanks

Arnab

***Rewards if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

MDM Workflow stencil will only be visible if you open the Microsoft Visio from the Workflow table of Data Manager.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have opened the visio through workflows it self.First time i open the visio i m able to see the stencil,i create a workflow say Start-Process -Stop .i save it and close the visio ,next time i open it ,it shows all the engeering drawings.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Just verify that the settings specified in the below link is present in your visio.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Go to MDM Workflows -> Microsoft Visio Plug-in at a Glance -> Configuring the Microsoft Visio Plug-in.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM is not compatible with office 2007 , if that what u r working with then you may want to rethink.

And hey check with MDM basis about the workflow manager component installed. May be somethings wrong with it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have visio 2003 professional installed .Also the workflow installed is as per MDM SP05 version..

First time when i create the workflow i am able to see the stencil.After saving it ,if i open it again it gives mechanical drawings and no track of prevoiusly saved workflow.

Any Suggestion.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nisha,

i have the same problem. did you already find a solution?

regards, dietmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No solution yet.Once I save it I can execute it

Nisha