cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Configuration sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone please update me if we can modify a preconfigured business set aand activate it and then sent it to customer system?Please reply urgently

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subia,

Customizing settings can be collected by processes into Business Configuration Sets (BC Sets). BC Sets make Customizing more transparent by documenting and analyzing the Customizing settings. They can also be used for a group rollout, where the customizing settings are bundled by the group headquarters and passed on in a structured way to its subsidiaries.

BC Sets are provided by SAP for selected industry sectors, and customers can also create their own.

When a BC Set is created, values and combinations of values are copied from the original Customizing tables into the BC Set and can be copied into in the tables, views and view clusters in the customer system. The BC Sets are always transported into the customer system in which Customizing is performed.

The loading of BC Sets is logged by the system, i.e. which BC Set was copied when into the system, and any errors which occurred. This information is significant for Continuous Change and Upgrade.

You can change BC Sets as follows:

· Change the field or data record selection

· Delete tables or views from a BC Set

· Delete IMG activity from BC Set

· Add IMG activity

· Add tables or views

· Change BC Set short text and validity range

· Change the software component of a BC Set

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything more. Please assign points.

Rgds

Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

revathimp
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Subia,

The BC Set contains the data of the customizing object(table/View).

The entries in BC Set when created are taken from the DB.

In a Switch BC Set client, when you change the object entries which are already in the BC Set, they will be updated to the switch BC set. Instead of transport, BC Set pop will be shown.

The BC set content can be changed. Application has to decide if the change in the entries are OK. Once the BC Set is activated in the system, it cannot be reverted back.

Regards,

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for quick response.I wanted to know whether there is any specific tool by which we can do these modifications in BC Sets.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subia,

In my understanding, you just have the same core transaction (SCPR3) to create/change/display the BC Set and SCPR20 to activate.

If you access a given BC Set from SolMan, you should be able to toggle between change/display mode, in the Satellite System concerned.

Best regards,

Srini