cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I Have created a new system definition that points to my R/3 system to use in the VC.

Created a Transaction iview with that system alias and it is also working fine.

I am able to the see the system alias in the System drop down in the Find data tab in VC , but when i search for the BAPI it throws an error Failed To COnnect to System .Check your system definition and user privileges.

I have checked all the previous thread, all the authorizations and roles are there but still facing the same error.

Thanx in advance!!!

Sunitha Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

DId u check in That Test Conditions in portal side . if success its k

usually some times in VC IT will gives the error . if possible create one more system from portal side and use the system alias name in VC

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Actually i have created a new system and using that alias in VC.

In Portal connection test it's throwing the below error

*Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.*

But i have checked the usermapping , it's done correctly and transactional ivews are working correctly with that user mapping.

Thanks,

Sunitha Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

please send your mail i will forward the doc for system just check the properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your Results we can observe that the usermapping is wrong.

Check this

did you mapped the Backend System alias with the Credentials of the Backend sytem i.e. using these credentials you can login to the Backend system.

did you got my point.

Regards,

Goivndu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes in usermapping i have given backend userid and password only and with that user mapping i am able to view transactional ivew created with the same system alias.

Thanks,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe my weblog helps:

[/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/03/14/how-to-create-a-portal-system-for-using-it-in-visual-composer|/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/03/14/how-to-create-a-portal-system-for-using-it-in-visual-composer]

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

Have you gone through the link provided by Marcel. I also got the same error but after refering this link. I got the solution. Just check your user mapping again. Because mostly people use to forget that.

regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I followed that blog and for Server Port Propertie's description i have a doubt

In service file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

sapms<SAP System ID> entry is not there...

Is that entry mandatory , do i have to add that entry for connection test to work.

What should i enter in Srvice file

i.e sapms10 xxxx/???

what is the value of port xxxx

Thanks,

Sunitha Hari

Edited by: Sunitha Hari on Jun 27, 2008 9:52 AM

Answers (0)