cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP regarding NWM 7.1 Statistics and alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am looking for a proper explanation of NWM 7.1's alert functionality. I think it needs to be configured on WAS, right ? and the thing i want to know is that whether a user can set alert for any variable of his choice in middleware.?

I mean, a value of any variable, say no. of Service Orders goes beyond a specific limit then he should get an alert on frontend(client). Is it possible, and if yes, how ?

Does anyone have a proper document explaining this thing in detail?? In what form are alerts given to an user.?

Please guide me further.

thanks & regards,

rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

I came to know that SAP Web AS release 6.20 supports sending alerts through sms and emails.I think i can use this as an option for giving application specific data alerts to user through sms.

thanks for your reply...

regards,

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can go through the [Administration and Monitoring Guide |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/18ee41c2d64a8be10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm] and [Configuration guide|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/17a790d8000064e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm] for further information about monitoring.

To answer your question about alerts:

1. As of now, you cannot specifically configure an alert based on application specific data. (As in your case where you mention that an alert has to be triggered if the number of service orders is beyond a certain limit). This is not possible

2. The alerts that can be configured are more focused on the status of the DOE server - for example - if backend destinations have failed, if queues are blocked, device queues exceed a threshold etc. These configurations are collectively used to determine the overall system status to be RED, YELLOW or GREEN. Alerts can also be configured to be sent to CCMS. ALerts can be configured from the NW Mobile Administrator (NWMA),

Configuration->System Status configuration.

3. Alerts representing the errors, warnings, security incidents at the client are also available in the NWMA. These alerts are available in the Administrator inbox in NWMA, and are also sent to CCMS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wenonah