cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling weight-reduced Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help to get through with this problem, I would appreciate if you can give me a business model along with solution.

selling material A1 from X country to Y country.since its a liquified material it was weighing 100 lbs before the shipment starts in X country.By the time it reaches Y country this material's weight has been reduced(evaporated) and now its 80 lbs.How to bill this material in billing document and how could we calculate the freight for this type of materials?

Thanks in advance,

Kanna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some questions which have not been answered:

1. For whose account is the loss in transit - your company or the customer?

2. How does the freight company charge for carriage - do they base the charge on the loaded product or the discharged product?

3. Are you using shipments or IS-OIL TD in this process?

Thanks

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

e

E

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kanna,

You can try with this,

You define the price condition type calculation type as (gross weight or net weight).If you want manual entry or automatic select according to your requirement.

You define the Frieght condition type calculation type as (gross weight or net weight).If you want manual entry or automatic select according to your requirement.

If you select automatic entry you need to maintain the condition records for these condition types based on the gross weight or net weight.

Put that condition types in your pricing procedure

First you create sales order-->Create delivery but not do the PGI

After reaches the material to 'Y ' country you change the weight(from 100lbs to 80 lbs,gross weight or net weight)in the delivery then do the PGI.

Now you create invoice with that delivery which is having changed weight system will calcukated price only for changed weight(80LBs).

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

How would the business know about the weight of material by the time it reaches to destination ? do we need to depend on client or any other way that we can configure our system?

Thanks,

Kanna.