cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Business Analyst SAP SD and SAP SD consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I need openion about what is difference between Business Analyst SAP SD and SAP SD consultant.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general, Business Analyst is focus on business process but consultant is focus on technic skill ,sometimes both are the same one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are correct, but can business analyst be a configurator. Also can you please define responsibilities of SAP Business Analyst and SAP SD Consultant

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

A business analyst is responsible for analyzing the business needs of their clients to help identify business problems and propose solutions. Basing on the analyst solutions, clients hire services of SAP consultants to configure their system to meet business requirements.

To apply for a BA job, you usually don't require consulting experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh

Thanks. Can you please give some comments on SAP testing cycle and error ticket handling cycle on SAP support project, common tools/software used for handling ticket.

Thanks

Raj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Business Analyst - Person who knws business process or gathers information from client.

Functional Analyst- Person who studies business requiremnt and offer sap solution.

System /Technical Analyst - Person who modify/create programe as per business

needs.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both the roles are more likely the same, In consulting companies like IBM, Deloitte , TCS and others SAP functional anlayst is a more popular term but if you work directly with a SAP client - SAP Business Analyst is what they refer to a functional anlayst. Most of the responsibilities are same but they are some roles which require more of ANALYST person who can gather requirements, GAP Analysis, IS - TO BE and etc and less of configuration or customization in SAP therefore they sometimes call it SAP Business Analyst but in both cases the configuration knowledge and experience about specific modules is required.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business analyst is strong in understanding business processes.

Functional consultant is strong in configuration and customization areas.

For small projects, there wont be any differentiation between them.

For big projects, business analysts act as on site consultants and they are going to interact with client.

In business process re-engineering, change management and GAP analysis business business analysts plays major role.

Of course everything is in coordination with the functional consultant as a group work.

Regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar

Thanks. Your reply is perfect. Can you please also give some comments on SAP testing cycle and error ticket handling cycle on SAP support project, common tools/software used for handling ticket.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please kindly explain the difference between SAP SD business analyst / SAP SD functional consultant / SAP solution manager. I am having good cross functional experience (domain experience) in sd, mm, pp,qa etc. I got trained in sap sd module. Kindly suggest if i can apply for sap business analyst and what will be my role?