cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for Namespace Length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there any solution available for 60 char namesapce length limit from SAP?

If yes, please let me know.

Regards,

Kulwant Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

The max permissible that as been provided by SAP is char 60. it is not possible to increase the size.there is a limit for every thing this is common to all software products.the best thing is to just pick the important name rather than each and every word

Thanx

Sampath

Edited by: venkata sampath on Jun 26, 2008 6:59 AM

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwanth,

Actually 60 chars is the limit. You cannot have a namespace with more than 60 characters. We cannot tweak more than 60. May be next version of XI can overcome this.

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No there is no soultion for the limit of 60 Char lengths. Actually its not problem because

Namespace is just to avoid the Naming conflicts, so long text description is not possible with it and even should not use.

Thanks

swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jun 26, 2008 6:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

Thanks for the information. Actaully i am facing an issue where i have imported a WSDL with namespace length 60. It doesn't show any thing in the message types.

So how can that be rectified if the other system expects namespace length more than 60 in SOAP request.

Kindly suggest.

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kulwant,

Actually you can edit the WSDL and change the namespace to a smaller one consistently and import in XI.Then you can write a java map to use actual namespace(Original one) in the target XML that can be sent to your SOAP Receiver.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A