cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Connecting to Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I already do a researched on how to solve this problem and ends up by posting here. My problem is when i try to connect to the already loaded running repository from SAP MDM Data Manager, it keeps on prompting "The repository is not loaded".

What could be the problem? Is it from the configuration? I already configured the Trusted Connection where i add my client's ip address. The connection of DBMS and MDM Server is fine.

Hope you can help me on this!

Best regards,

Welmer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welmer,

your MDM server is running in local system or some where in other system. If it is running in other system then you need to open the set of network ports to connect to MDM server using client components.

if it is the same case above mentioned for you thne let me know your id, so I can send port document across to you.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

RDNPrasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RDNPrasad,

Yes! It is running in the other system. Seems a good suggestion from you. As soon as it solved my problem, maximum points will be awarded to you.

It is my first time to post here, what id are you talking about? So that i can receive the port documents?

Thanks!

Welmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welmer,

I am talking about your personal mail id.

Regards,

RDNPrasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RDNPrasad,

I'm getting this message:

We are sorry but your message can not be posted since you have included an email address. Please remove the email address and re-post.

In that case, can you send me helpful links about opening the port instead?

Thanks!

Regards,

Welmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welmer,

Please refer the below link to find the network ports to open for MDM under MDM part.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c...

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

RDNPrasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welmer,

I have shared the link related to network ports.

If your problem solved then please close this question by rewarding points.

Regards,

RDNPrasad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welmer,

I already do a researched on how to solve this problem and ends up by posting here. My problem is when i try to connect to the already loaded running repository from SAP MDM Data Manager, it keeps on prompting "The repository is not loaded".

What could be the problem? Is it from the configuration? I already configured the Trusted Connection where i add my client's ip address. The connection of DBMS and MDM Server is fine.

Kindly try out following options:

1. If the repository is showing as Loaded from the MDM data manager, then try unloading the Repository from Console. If it shows you from Console that the repository is already unloaded then try out these two options:

2. From Console check the repository for Errors and if found Any Kindly Repair them.

Upload the Repository with Update Indices.

2. If your repository does not show any errors, then if you have an Archived copy of your repository( or if you can archive it again) , then you can Unarchive the repository with the different name on the same MDM server.

Check whether the new repository that you have created still shows the error.

I am not quite sure whether all these options will be available to you when your repository is Unloaded.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RDNPrasad,

Thank you for the link, but it doesn't solve our problem. The problem involves technical issues on how to open the ports from our workstation. In this case we leave this issue with our network technicians.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Welmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Welmer,

Please check when you try to log in to Data Manager are you selecting the right MDM server I mean is it the same MDM server on which the Repository is Loaded and Running.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay Yadav,

Yes! I selected the correct MDM Server on which the Repository status is loaded running.

Thanks!

Regards,

Welmer