cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appending and add time stamp at a time........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am working on a scenario...

it is file based..no mapping and bpm can be used.

I need to pick up file through xi and append it and put in the target with time stamp to it.

we can achieve this if mapping or bpm is allowed.....

But,in file processing we can use only one option at a time.....

I found a way:

scenario one: files will be appened and kept in a temparory folder

using another scenario we will pick up the appeneded file and add time stamp and keep in target structure...

but i dont think this is advisable...

please suggest me any other ways to achieve this...(can run operating system command be helpfull??)

thanks in advance..

Regards,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

this will help u..

use Dynamic Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

this will help u..

use Dynamic Config

Edited by: Soumyasanto Sen on Jun 26, 2008 8:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks to be same scenario mentioned in thread

"File name for append processing mode with time stamp "

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

As swarup said...at a time both appending and giving the file a time stamp is not possible..

probably you can try with these...

Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes you are right, Appending and adding Time Stamp will not be possible simultaneously.

Refer - this could help you

Dynamic Filename with TimeStamp

But some how you have to use mapping for it. Then if its allowed to use the mapping then as you have suggested, should have to go for two scenarios. No alternative,

Probably also you can try with Customized Adapter Module for this.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx swarup for ur timely reply.......

hmmm...i think its better to do this with 2 scenarios...

can please through some light on operating system command(use of it )....

no sap.help links i gone through them and i didn't understand it....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

I suggest you to map the target source structure to the required filename u want, like for example ur filename is input26062008.txt means to the target structure u perform the following mapping

constant (input) concat with currentdate function --> concat with constant .txt --> map this concat to target. So u will get the filename u expected with the time.

Then in the communication channel u select the mode as append. Now ur requirement will get solve i think so. plz try.

Regards,

Murugavel