Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request iDoc and status iDoc correlation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a strange problem.

In my XI 3.0, I have an iDoc2iDoc interface which used to work fine, until I installed patch level 14.

Now, when the acknowledgement (ALEAUD) comes back into my R/3 system, the iDoc system does not recognize it as a response for a specific request iDoc I've sent, but as an ordinary inbound iDoc.

After a short investigation, I found out that the iDoc number is not correlated, it seems like a problem in the iDoc adapter in the XI, that does not translate the iDoc number of the target system back into the iDoc number of the original system.

Has anyone met with this kind of problem ? any solutions ?

Thank you,

Elad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

I am not sure but I afraid if you have not rechecked your ALE configurations. Many times we tends to forget the small steps like adding IDoc responce messge type in 'Partner Profile' of the system. etc.

advice to recheck these configuration.

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand.

All of the partner profile and iDocs configuration are complete and correct.

I'll try to be a bit more specific:

Local R/3 sends iDoc MATMAS through XI 3.0 and receives ALEAUD iDoc as an applicational acknowledgement.

For the R/3 to be able to correlate between the inbound ALEAUD and the outbound MATMAS the iDoc system uses a field containing the iDoc number.

The problem is that ALEAUD has the number generated by the remote system and the MATMAS has the number of my local system, the XI is suposed to translate the remote iDoc number back to the local iDoc number.

I hope it's clearer now, and that someone can help.

Thank you,

Elad.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ofir,

We can use Correlation function in BPMs to do the same.Are you akready using BPMs in your scenario?

In Correlation function we can mention which field should Xi see for correlating the request Idoc and the corresponding Acknolwledgement.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is not a case of BPM correlation.

This correlation is handled by the integration server and the iDoc adapter, and supposed to happen automatically.

As I mentioned before, this used to work fine, and stopped working since we installed patch level 14.

Thank you,

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elad-

Looks like a problem in the 'Central_Back' pipeline. If you are sure this is because of SP14, your best would be to raise a OSS note.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same issue, there is an OSS note to solve this problem. Apply the oss note 899200.

The description does not describe the problem properly, but will solve your problem.

Good luck,

Pratap Alluri

Answers (0)