cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Similarities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a new bie in this forum. I have some questions relate to SAP R/3 and B1 installations, here they are:

1. What are the similaries in installing into the server Business One and R/3?

2. What are the differences in installing into the server Business One and R/3?

Pls give advice. TIA

Edu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP B1 and SAP R3 both are different. in terms of installation and usage.

SAP B1 is for Small Businesses and Midsize Companies

SAP R3/ERP is for Large Enterprises

you can check the release strategy for both in following

login into service.sap.com -> Release & Upgrade Info -> Release Strategy

For installation you need to read installation document for corresponding. check installation guides at following.

service.sap.com/instguides

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

I have browsed the link but it is difficult for me to download since the internet connection is really slow.

Would you please describe briefly here the similarity and different of B1 and R/3 installations ?

I appreciate your help so much.

Edu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

it is difficult to explain here you need to go through the link only.

As technical difference you consider following.

SAP Business One is based on client/server architecture, howbeit a "2 tier": strictly, clients and server.

all processing and business logic are carried out on the client.

SAP R/3 is based on a three tier client/server technology. Typically, it is made up of three functionally distinct layers namely: the user interface(Presentation Server), business logic(Application Server) and database(Database Server).

R/3 system is composed of one database server, one or more application servers and one or more presentation servers. SAP Business One on the other hand is composed of a database server and one or more presentation servers.

SAP Business One is SAP's offering for small and mid size companies, while R/3 is SAP's offering for large companies.This is especially true functionality-wise.

further information you can get from the link which i suggested.

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)