cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-sourcing and SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a new bie in this forum. I have some questions about e-sourcing, here they are:

1. Do the e-sourcing/e-procurement solution able to support images?

(Note: we want to know if the system support storage of image like materials to be purchased, parts with specification description, etc).

2. Could you give a breakdown of our likely minimum investments with respect to what is exactly the software/application that we need to buy given that our objective is to be able to do e-sourcing/e-procurement?

3. How to integrate SAP E-sourcing with SAP B1 ? directly or not ?

Pls give advice. TIA

Edu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

Please find below the answers to your questions.

1. Do the e-sourcing/e-procurement solution able to support images?

(Note: we want to know if the system support storage of image like materials to be purchased, parts with specification description, etc).

Answer : Materials can be created and there is a provision to upload the parts/ specifications etc, there is a possibility to add attachments to the Material Master, However, we need to see whether the upload of images is available with the standard SAP E-SAourcing master data.

The ideal thing for you would be to go with SRM MDM catalog for Indirect procurement, if its only indirect material in scope, incase you have direct materials in scope, then you can also opt for the SAP Netweaver MDM license in total, as MDM will allow you to use the Master data to your flexibility with complexity in relationship products configurable products and regular products, this completely depends on how much of master data you are looking at.

I suggest that you send out your request to SAP directly, as they are the best guys to judge such a business complexity with the available solution and since your integration is with SAP B1, its not integrated out of the box with SAP E-Sourcing or SAP SRM

2. Could you give a breakdown of our likely minimum investments with respect to what is exactly the software/application that we need to buy given that our objective is to be able to do e-sourcing/e-procurement?

If you are looking at eProcurement, then you have 2 options here, you can use SAP E-Sourcing and SAP SRM, incase you have multiple SAP Backend for the demand aggregation, then its suggested that you go for SAP SRM, incase you have a single backend with complex RFx, Auctions and Contract management capabilities, you should be looking at SAP E-Sourcing. This is not a very straightforward in your case as the integration is with SAP B1 and not SAP ERP, please reconstruct your case to SAP for an expert opinion

3. How to integrate SAP E-sourcing with SAP B1 ? directly or not ?

There is no standard integration of SAP E-Sourcing with SAP B1.

Hope, i've given you a basic first cut for you to take forward thecase in details with SAP, please build a proper package evaluation case and take it forward to SAP

REgards

Tridip

Answers (0)