cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Data Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am performing SAP Production Order Confirmations (CO11N transaction) using an xMII BLT. In the CO11N screen, SAP doesn't let you type character values in the field 'Yield'. It is the same thing in xMII BLT where I have defined 'Yield' as the Data Type 'Double'. However, when I pass a character value for the input field 'Yield' from an Xacute query, I get the message 'Confirmation of order XXXXXXXX saved'. This is not correct because you can't have character values for the field 'Yield'. When I display the respective confirmation in SAP, the 'Yield' quantity is being shown as '0'. This is a discrepancy. To sum up, when you do a confirmation in the SAP screen CO11N it doesn't let you type a character value in the filed 'Yield' however, when you pass a character value from an Xacute query it accepts it as '0'. Can somebody tell me how I can fix this problem? Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

V_M,

The message 'Confirmation of order XXXXXXXX saved' is created within SAP, not from xMII. So the input filtering and error handling in the BAPI itself is not designed correctly. This is not all that unusual with BAPIs. Rather than simply testing performance in CO11N, I usually start with BAPI Explorer and use the single test functionality.

This is not a bug in xMII, but rather the normal (albeit, invalid) performance of the BAPI. It doesn't cause real problems within SAP since it records 0 (zero) as the quantity confirmed (Yield). The corrective action would be a custom BAPI and/or enter a CSS ticket for the BAPI. Remember that the BAPIs rarely (more likely, never) fully reproduce the internal functionality of the SAP screens.

SAP has error handling built into their transactions such as CO11N which prevent invalid entries. You may have to do the same in your transaction, web page, etc.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As explained by Michael Appelby