Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview WDA - Error after I restart my laptop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Happy X’mas to you all.

I successfully installed "NetWeaver 2004s Sneak Preview ABAP" in my notebook, after I install I was able to logon (NSP) and was able to see the example given in the document and was able to successfully test the example. But for some reason I restarted my notebook and when I try to logon again I am getting error “partner not reached (host XXX.X.X.X, service sapdp00) WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused”. What could be the reason and how I can overcome this error? Did anyone face the same problem? Could someone help me in resolving this problem.

FYI: I was able to logon to other systems (on server through network) but the problem is with NSP.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you start the engine? The engine does not start automatically.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't start any engine. Could you let me know how to do that?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When you boot up your computer, the engine is not started automatically. You must start it before trying to log on to the system. There should be an icon on your desktop, SAP MMC. Open this up. There should be a node on the tree that is NSP. Right-click this and choose Start. Let the engine start up, about 3-4 minutes. Then try logging on.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the response. This would have had definitely solved my problem yesterday, but, because of my impatience or because of my eagerness to work on that Sneak Preview, I myself couldn’t wait for such a long time for the response from you or from anybody and played around with the installation and with that I started facing the problems and later realized that I should use MMC to start the engine. Now I logged my recent problem in the following Topic “Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 2004 - Error while installing it again”. If you can, could you help me in resolving this issue?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Ahh..... I apoligize for not giving a complete answer in my first post. I sometimes ask more questions to narrow down the problem. I should have told you right away. Now you have more problems. Please mark this post as solved and I will go answer you on the other post. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman