SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

can any one help me to create the rate step for the following.

Energy Bill = Tariff Cost + TOD charges + Standby by Charges +Expensive power charges + FAC + Demand Charges + Fixed Charges.

All the input components are available. How to give this many operands in one step, is there any special variant is there or we have to develope. Its urgent.

rakesh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a typical indian scenario.U know that Rate has rate steps.U have to configure the above scenario with different rates.

U have to use different variant programs i,e QUANTI,Demand, lumsum,....

First u have to configure for tariff cost. even for tariff cost we have to bill differently for range of quantities.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a typical indian scenario.U know that Rate has rate steps.U have to configure the above scenario with different rates.

U have to use different variant programs i,e QUANTI,Demand, lumsum,....

First u have to configure for tariff cost. even for tariff cost we have to bill differently for range of quantities.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Narander,

You are very correct. I have all the 7 components in my rate steps. IS there any possibility to use single variant to add all the components or we have to add in three or four steps using comput02. pls suggest some sollution for that.

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are very correct. I have all the 7 components in my rate steps. IS there any possibility to use single variant to add all the components or we have to add in three or four steps using comput02. pls suggest some sollution for that.

Hello,

It is not possible to do with a single variant program.

u know that a variant program is a ABAP billing rule.

why do u want to construct a single variant program?

I suggest u to go through the variant program documentation.it is very helpful to u.

Regards,

Narendar Konakanchi

0 Kudos

Hi Narendar,

Can you please post the link for the variant program documentation.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

hi shelina

prince here..i fu need the documentation of all variant programs ,the i would suggest u to follow the steps below

go to ea99

and just click f4 and select a variant program for ex quanti01 and execute and then u will get the details of the variant program

again double click on the varaint program name in that screen it will take u to the detailed view of the variant program ver u can see a puch button named documentation..

through wich u can make a clear study of individual variant programs..

hope its useful 2 u

kr

prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Energy Bill = Tariff Cost + TOD charges + Standby by Charges +Expensive power charges + FAC + Demand Charges + Fixed Charges.

see all your comenergy bill component are covered with the help of different variant program.

for eg.

tariff cost +TOD charges +Standbycharge

+ Expensive power charge :- this you can calculate with the help of QUANTI01 variant.

fixed charges : Try variant LUMSUM01

for demand chrge

variant try DEMAND01 if it depend on flat kVA.

else check the condition for the billing demand and accordingly

define your rate steps.

give rewards point if it is helpful.

in case you are still facing problem plz let me know.

rome rishishwar

Edited by: rome RISHISHWAR on Jul 31, 2008 11:26 AM

Edited by: rome RISHISHWAR on Jul 31, 2008 11:29 AM

Edited by: rome RISHISHWAR on Jul 31, 2008 11:45 AM