cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security enhancement through Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how could we utilize Solution Manager to enhance security.

thanks all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also configure Earlywatch in reports which may give you red alerts on system usage or bakups etc.

You can monitor if you had successfule backups,Database settings,security checkBW checks, workload distribution etc.

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

does anybody here use this functionality? What is your experience?

Kind regards,

Richard

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

the self service gives a good overview.

But.....

As an expirienced user administrator you can gather that information also with the SUIM reports (by the way, the Solman service uses big parts of the SUIM-Coding .... )) ).

So its just your decision of what you want - analize centrally in your Solution manager, or analyze with the tools you know already well locally in each system.

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard

I've not had a look at it in depth yet, but it looks like SolMan could be used to do many parts of security monitoring in one place without needing to schedule SUIM reports.

An example would be to setup all the weekly/monthly checks to be contimually monitored in SolMan. As I said I haven't had a chance to play with it so I might be way out & creating more work!

Cheers

Alex

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

of course you are right. I know there are a lot of fans of Solution Manager and its possibilities. For automation of basis analysis (again traffic lights as in EWA-reports hurray!) it might be a good starting point. But the information it contains seems a bit poor to me.

So if you get some red traffic lights, again you will have to navigate to the source system of the data and start your investigations there (who,why when,how).

So if you want to use it just for an overview, it might be fine.

For having serious results, I personally would be a bit sceptical and critical.

b.rgds,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your insight, I've not been able to look at in depth so it's good to hear from someone who has!

Personally I am not a fan of solution manager, it looks like I will stay that way