cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to install SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP I got the following error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirs,

I am trying to install SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version, but I m getting the following error as an pop up i e.,

An unhandled win32 exception occured in sapcontrol.exe [3800]. Just-in-time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In_Time debugging enebled. In visual studio, just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

The log can be found here...

(Jun 23, 2008 10:00:16 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Jun 23, 2008 10:00:16 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllInstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:177)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.install(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:268)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

(Jun 24, 2008 11:53:19 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Jun 24, 2008 11:53:19 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllUninstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:192)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.uninstall(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:313)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.processActionsFailed(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thank you,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In regarding to the no spaces comment above, please see oss note 481019.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAPINST used to install NW 7.0 needs to read the system environment variable JAVA_HOME in order to determine the proper java binaries to run the install program. To set the JAVA_HOME:

1. Right click my computer > properties

2. Advanced > Environment Variables

3. At the bottom section (system variables), click New.

4. Variable name should be JAVA_HOME the variable value should be the path of the java install (e.g. c:\java).

I have also found that it would be safer to install java to a directory without spaces.

c:\jre_1_4_2 < this is a good directory.

c:\program files\java < this is a bad directory (notice the space between "program files".

As for the just in time debugger, I don't believe tha't relevant. It's just the SAPINST.exe file erroring which is triggering a windows error debugger. But, the root cause of the error is that SAPINST.exe can't find the JDK runtime bits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's the version of JDK/JRE you are using? Where did you install it? What's the value of your system environment variable JAVA_HOME?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I have installed java 1.4 (JDK 1.4) with NetBeans under C:\ Directory in a separate folder called java.

One thing I am sure about that I did not set up the environment variables in the system variables, could you please let me know how to set up that system environment variable JAVA_HOME?, and one more thing is that I am geting error message like Just-In-Time compiler error, and its saying Error Message "In visual Studio I have to set up the Just-In-Time compiler in Tools/Options/Debugging to Just-In-Time compiler" what is this ?, I do not think It was a java error.

My Operating System is Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3

Appreciated your prompt reply.

Thank you,

Ashok