Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistics gathering in BEx Analyzer 7.0

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is functionality to collect and display report execution Statistics in BEx Analyzer 7.0: as described in help (see [Statistics|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/f1/0a551ce09411d2acb90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm] section).

But I cannot get this working. Although select checkbox "Collect Statistics", the button "Display Statistics" is greyed all the time.

It is BI 7.0 SP 16 and BEx 7.0 SP12 Patch 1 (Rev 578).

Will appreciate your help.

-Vitaliy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must have the BI 7.0 Statistics infoproviders installed/activated in order to be able to use the display the statistics workbook. See OSS Note 965386 for details on activating the technical content. OSS Note 934848 also contains a lot of good information on issues to avoid and performance optimizations of the BI Statistics technical content.

If you have the BI 7.0 Statistics configured properly in your backend sytem, then it may be the way that you are attempting to access the statistics workbook. Per OSS Note 1083462 you need to set the collect statistics checkbox and then exit out of BEx Analyzer. Then when you restart BEx Analyzer the statistics will be collected and you should be able to click the Display Statistics button.

Note: I will be covering the creation/usage/interpretation of a BEx Analyzer statistics workbook in an upcoming blog on BI 7.0 BEx Analyzer.

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You were absolutely right - I had to restart BEx Analyzer to get this option working.

It presents statistics in a funny way (SPS12): summarize timestamps

Regards,

-Vitaliy

PS. Waiting for your promised further blogs

Answers (0)