cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Link: deactivate bar code entry for 1 company code only

Former Member
0 Kudos

In customizing transaction "activate bar code entry" (path IMG / SAP web application server / basis services / archive link/customizing incoming documents/activate bar code entries) I can deactivate the bar code scanning for object type "BKPF" (it has no document type assigned to it). This way I do not get a message regarding bar code entry and document type in transaction FB01 (gl document posting).

This is fine for one company code but for another company code I need this bar code entry. Do I need to create additional object types or document type to separate the archive link / bar code customizing for one company code from another company code?

Thanks for your reply!

Arjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do that by creating 2 roles. one role consists transaction and the objects which hide bar code and the other role which shows the bar code and hey do not forget to mention the organizational level values for company codes in their respective roles.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Are these 2 roles authorisation roles maintained with transaction PFCG?

Can you clarify a bit more on the contents of these 2 roles?

You say one role contains the transaction (f.e. FB01) and the objects which hide the bar code entry popup message(objecttype "BKPF", document type " " (empty) and active " " (TOACM_C-BARCODE_IN = ""))

The other role contains the same transaction (f.e. FB01) and objects which shows the bar code entry popup message (objecttype "BKPF", document type " " (empty) and active "X" (TOACM_C-BARCODE_IN = ""))

Thanks for your reply!

Arjan

TOACM_C-BARCODE_IN = Bar code setting active: Yes/No

You can use the flag "Active" to specify whether or not bar code entry is active for the maintained combination of object type/ document type/user name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to start it from PFCG.

Role 1FB01BKPF--Deactivate bar code -Mention the company code.

Role 2FB01BKPF--Activate bar code -Mention the company codes.

Assign the roles to the user and I guess this will work fine!!!

Rakesh

Answers (0)