cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Hierarchy reporting when using common division

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a situation, that I hope is not unique and someone can help with a solution. We are using the Standard Customer Hierarchy (6 levels) for both rebate processing and sales reporting. We have many sales organizations and in some cases (not all) we are using "common division". In these cases, we can only link the customer in the customer hierarchy to one division (the common one). However, we report sales at a line item level in which the division is specific to the material. How do I link these results back to the customer hierarchy.

We are currently on R/3 4.5B.

I appreciate any of your comments and advice.

Regards, Ginny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may be better-served asking on the BW forum for that part. There's also another forum I use for more "in-depth" questions, but I don't want to post that link here. If you can find me outside of here I can send the link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill, thank you again! I've posted my question in "BW" as well. Lets see how this goes.

Thanks,

Ginny

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what Ginny's saying, she has the item division checked on the sales soc doc type.

Ginny I think you are stuck doing reporting on the Sold To level, and will have to have some Z_report to roll the stuff up to the hierarchy level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill, Thanks for your reply.

This issue goes beyond R/3 - I'm just starting my search here.

We do have a custom report to accommodate this issue, however this issue also extends to BW or BI. The customer hierarchy is copied over to BW, however when we try to write queries or do any kind of BW standard reporting, we are getting unassigned values, when the division is not in the customer hierarchy, hense common division. Are you familiar with BW? Any other ideas?

Thanks, again! Ginny

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your sales order type there is a field, item division, which controls if the division is picked up from the materials master or not.

If you are populating the necessary tables with the correct value you can also check the copycontrol and infulence what gets copied over from one document to the next.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, our division is copied from the material master to the sales order. The issue is when we want to run a sales report by the customer hierarchy, we are not getting the correct results. If the division of the sale is not in the customer hierarchy (due to common division), how do we get the correct results?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginny,

Are you running standard SAP sales reports, or are these your own?

Are you using any LIS structure for your data?

I think the only real solution is to have your own 'Z' reports specific to your needs.