cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario File to XI to R/3. I have a BPM this will receive the info from file and pack it in certain format and will shoot to R/3 and this is working perfectly.

Recently I am forced to change the BPM at Dirctory , because of some naming convention issue at our shop and due to this so many of my objects got affected like Sender Agreement, Receiver Agreement, Receiver Determination, Interface Determination. And I was in deep trouble, until I made my scenario to work.

Why XI is so Rigid? I haven't used an Integration Scenario in my Repository and I felt having an Integration Scenario, my process would have been little easier.

Please give me your view points.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

1.<i>Recently I am forced to change the BPM at Dirctory , because of some naming convention issue at our shop and due to this so many of my objects got affected like Sender Agreement, Receiver Agreement, Receiver Determination, Interface Determination.</i>

This is because your Routing Rules which defines the flow of message in XI is dependant on the service Name and MI you give.So If you change your BPm which is used as service in defining the rules it wuould require you to redefine ur routing rules again.Otherwise How will you tell the XI Box which BPM to be used?

2. <i>haven't used an Integration Scenario in my Repository and I felt having an Integration Scenario, my process would have been little easier.</i>

Yes, By importing ur integration scenario from Repository you can make your agreements and channels easily but if your BPM name changes, again you will have to make a fresh import.

But it is judicial to use Integration Scenario only if you have many collaborative process across different systems and you want to get a overall process flow.Otherwise for simple scenarios like File to R/3 it isnt of much help.

Cheers,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

> But it is judicial to use Integration Scenario only

> if you have many collaborative process across

> different systems and you want to get a overall

> process flow.Otherwise for simple scenarios like File

> to R/3 it isnt of much help.

I'm of different opinion. We have decided to use Integration Scenarios for all scenarios, as it offers a simple way to configure scenarios in directory. especially if we consultants hand the developments over to the customer, it allows the customers employees a quick overview on each scenario and the necessary configuration. However to be of real use, it is necessary to maintain all details fo the different steps like channel templates, mappings etc.

If there is a change like the name of a sender / receiver (also BPM) changed in config, the configuration wizard can be started again and then XI will change / create all necessary objects.

If there is a change in the Repository the scenario can be updated (in configurator--> file --> update from repository).

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction : Recently I am forced to change the BPM NAME at Dirctory ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I had the same question?