Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the SAP GUI from the NW2004s SneakPreview Download

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anyone else have major problems with the SAPGUI from the NW2004 SneakPreview download page?

Im getting a runtime error when logging on:

Runtime Errors         MESSAGE_TYPE_X                                                                  
Date and Time          24.12.2005 00:34:11                                                                                
Short text                                                                                
The current application triggered a termination with a short dump.                                                                                
What happened?                                                                                
The current application program detected a situation which really                                 
     should not occur. Therefore, a termination with a short dump was                                  
     triggered on purpose by the key word MESSAGE (type X).                                                                                
Error analysis                                                                                
Short text of error message:                                                                      
     Control Framework : Error processing control                                                      
     Technical information about the message:                                                          
     Message classe...... "CNDP"                                                                       
     Number.............. 006                                                                                
Variable 1.......... " "                                                                                
Variable 2.......... " "                                                                                
Variable 3.......... " "                                                                                
Variable 4.......... " "                                                                                
Trigger Location of Runtime Error                                                                     
     Program                                 CL_GUI_CFW====================CP                          
     Include                                 CL_GUI_CFW====================CM002                       
     Row                                     23                                                        
     Module type                             (METHOD)                                                  
     Module Name                             FLUSH                                                                                

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No problems here. Have you installed the lastest gui patch. Or does it come with the lastest gui path. If not, you can get the patch at service.sap.com.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rich,

the sap gui from the NW2004s SneakPreview page is on patchlevel 8. The problem is when i use the latest sap gui from the service marketplace (full install!) i cant event call the gui. Getting a error when doubleclicking on the SAP Gui icon.

'The procedure entry point 'RfcResetTraceDir' could not be located in the dynamic link library 'LIBRFC32.dll' .'

So actually since i installed the NW2004s on my local notebook the only sap gui "working" (at least i can call it) is the one from the NW2004s Sneakpreview page but im getting this error mentioned here on all systems! not only on the NW2004s system

regards,

Markus

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Uninstall sapgui completely. I'm assuming the sapgui which came with sneak preview is at version 6.40. Re-install 6.40 gui. DO NOT log in to the system yet. Now apply the lastest gui patch available. I am at patch level 14. There could be a newer one, not sure though. Now try logging on.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

We may have to copy the LIBRFC32.dll from the installation to the gui.

Please try coping the LIBRFC32.DLL file from....

C:\usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe

to

C:\WINDOWS\system32

Regards,

Rich Heilman

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rich,

i solved it already. I have posted my solution in this thread.

Happy Xmas

Markus

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Oh, cool. I didn't see that post. I remember I had a simular problem like this before, and I had to copy that file, then it worked good.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Rich Heilman

Answers (0)