cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE: Path not Found error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

When we create one workflow with one role requested the approval process works, but it does not work when we have one request for 2 roles from 2 different systems. Take note that on their own these roles create a workflow and the approval process works but when they are put together the "Path not found error" appears.

Can anyone please advise on what the problem might be?

Any input would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodger-

AE 5.2 cannot provision to 2 different systems with 1 request. So creating a request with 2 different systems will not work.

It might have changed in 5.3, but I am not sure if the multiple system provisioning feature is there...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

Thanks for the assistance!

Just to clarify, we were under the impression that 5.2 can provision to multiple systems in the same request. Please can you confirm this as this is a huge setback based on our design for this client.

Thanks again for all your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodger,

You can provision multiple systems in the same request in AE5.2.

I have done for PRD, QAS and DEV systems in the same request where there is no CUA in place.

Thanks

Himadama

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodger-

Himadama is correct, it can be done; I just did it. It didn't work before because I had initiators which had the system attribute in all my previous implementations. Sorry for the wrong answer.

You can create an initiator and not define the application and it will go through the workflow and provision in multiple systems. Sorry again, and thanks Himadama for clarifying...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rodger,

please have a look at the error log to see exactly what fails.

I suppose that your initiator is limited to role + system, and you do not have defined a path for the second system, so AE does not know how to handle that part of the request.

If you can detail what your initiator looks like, and what the error log says, we may be able to give you more detailed help.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for the assistance, this issue is now resolved. we are using a generic initiator using the company name field as the main initiator value.

So now we can provision to more than one system within a single request.

Cheers.

Rodger.