cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated field in qualified table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have created three very simple calculations i qualified tables. The calculated field as well as the fields that make up the calculation are qualifiers.

None of the calculated fields are updated!

I have tried to hit the recalculate button and calculated fields in the main table work without problems.

Is this a known limitation? What can I do to trigger the update?

BR

/Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandar

Calculated field option works fine for qualified field as well.

Regards

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything worked when I deleted the fields and created them again.... The must have become corrupted some how.

-

Could it be that if one calculation "fails" or is undefined the entire record is not updated.

One of the calculated non-qualifiers is a concatenation just as in your example. It doesn't update.

The exact expression is TRIM_ALL( Name1 & " " & Name2 )

Another calculated non-qualifier, of type boolean, is based of non-qualifiers that are lookup tables. These lookup tables have two fields. Name and Flag, where FLAG is a boolean. The expression is

Table 1.Flag = TRUE AND Table 2.Flag = TRUE

I think that one of the flags is null. How does MDM handle that? Will the expression be TRUE/FALSE or UNDEFINED. I would like it to be FALSE. Do I have to test for NULL explicitly?

Edited by: Alexander Isacson on Jun 26, 2008 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not the case.

Suppose in Qualified table, you have 4 fields one Non-Qualifier and three Qualifiers say FNAME, LNAME and FULLNAME all of type text.

Now for Qualifier Field FULLNAME i define Property Calculated = Yes and In Calculation Expression I write as:

CONCAT(FNAME,LNAME)

So on updating Qualifiers Value value of Qualifier Calculated field FULLNAME get updated.

Suppose intially for a record i have qualifiers value as

FNAME LNAME

Mandeep Saini

FULLNAME = Mandeep;Saini

when i update value for these two qualifiers for the same record

FNAME LNAME

Alexander Isacson

then value in for Qualifier field FULLNAME get updated to Alexander;Isacson

i tried this and it is working fine.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful....

Mandeep Saini