cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Create with structure binding' option while creating a Value Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When creating a Value node in Webdynpro for Java application I saw the 'Create with Structure binding' option under the name field.....what is it used for if anybody has used it ...

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By selecting this option NWDS will create a Node with the attributes which you created in the dictionary.

i.e. first you will create simple types, add these simple types to a structure . which ever types you entered in a structure those types will be created as value attributes, so u can create your custom structures and you can use the same as nodes,

if you want to use the same node in more than one view , creating structures and using them with strucuture binding is the best option

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply guys....I created a Simple Type in the Local dictonary of the Webdynpro application ..then how do I add it to a existing structure.....since when I right lick on it ..there is an option to "Add to Public Part" but not to a structure...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Procedure to create a Structure and Adding a Simple type

1) Navigate Trrough LOCAL DICTIONARY - > STRUCTURES

2) Righ Click on Structures -> Create Structure

3) Specify Name and Package

4) Under the Element Name section,specify the name which you want to be as in node's Value Attribute

5) Under the Simple Type Package,select the simple type from the package which you created earlier

Repeat the process if there are many simple types.

Save metadata

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

please refer this link for Structure and Structure Binding

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/33/95384162316532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create Structures in Dictionary.Every webdynpro project will have a Dictionary.So if you create a structure in dictionary,then you can create a node representing that structure with Create With Structure Binding option.All the Structure elements will be the Value attributes and node name will be the structure name.

Edited by: Sudhir Gorantla on Jun 25, 2008 7:30 PM