cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace EDI_DC40_U with EDI_DC40

0 Kudos

On the Header record of my output file, I would like to change EDI_DC40_U to EDI_DC40.

Does anyone have any suggestions whether it would be easier to change and update this field in R3 using a User Exit, or XI using File Content Conversion.

... and how (please show me examples).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

We did this by setting a constant in the XI mapping.

0 Kudos

Is it possible to do this without mapping?

My scenario does not have mapping (yet), since I am taking the file straight from the output of R3, encrypting the file, and then transferring to the bank via FTP using an Integration Directory scenario only.

However, I do appreciate your reply. The bank is not accepting the _U and wishes it to be removed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a way to do it, by changing SAP Standard Code...

We had an issue where there was no EDI_DC40 populated so we had to implement this...

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1057573

In this code, you could add an if statement to create and write the EDI_DC40 for the Idoc Type where EDI_DC40_U.

Does that make sense??

You could use File Content Conversion, but it could take a while to recreate the Idoc structure!

0 Kudos

That was an excellent suggestion, and I will have to keep that archived.

However, the problem was so simple to correct and only took a single click to correct.

My Basis person on WE21 - Ports in Idoc Processing has the Unicode System Setting Checked, which I was able to simply uncheck, and wa-la, EDI Payment IDOC without the _U.

Simple, and to be used for future reference.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis! can't work with them! can't kill them either!

Glad you got it sorted!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

u can mapping with constant node.

reg,

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read repsonses before offering answers that have already been offered and rejected!!!!