Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instruction for workflow-copying

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey SRM-gurus,

can anyone tell me how to copy a Workflow, e.g. WS10000129.

I tried SWDD and 'Save as', but after telling the new workflow a name, I can't continue.

What we want to do is creating a seperate workflow (e.g. WS10000129) for each plant to not lose the overview.

Perhaps there a step-by-step instruction for copying standard-workflows somewhere.

Thanks a lot for you help.

Best regards,

Henning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Transactions are:

PFTC_COP for copy

PFTC_CHG for change

PFTC_DISP for display

You can also access all workflow transaction with menu SWLD .

Rgds,

Pierre

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do all these in Trx PFTC. Make sure you copy all the standard tasks to which the activity steps of the WF are pointing if you think there may be change required.

Regards, IA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

What do you exactly mean by "I can't continue"? What happens, do you get an error? This should work from SWDD. The advantage of doing it in this way is you will get all the container elements also.

Regards,

Martin

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks for your answer. I don't get an error, but I just don't know how to continue.

Do I have to choose the package BBP_WFL or a Z-Package name?

If I select BBP_WFL there's a warning saying:

Original system set to "SAP"

There I can click 'continue' or 'New Entry' button. I said continue once and the new workflow has been created.

So you mean if I use the "Save as" functionality all the relevant standard tasks are copied, too?

Is this what you mean by "you will get all the container elements" ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Henning

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

I would take a z-package, because you also will create it in your own number range.

No not all the standard tasks are copied, because they will still be called, it is an exact working copy. No I mean all the container elements will be there in your workflow. If you copy the workflow via PFTC_COPY you will get the logic, but usually the container elements are not copied.

So if you don't want to make any changes you only have to activate the new workflow and you are set I think.

Regards,

Martin