cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return PO with WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We wish to use returns PO for sending goods back to vendor. We have Wareouse Mgmt implemented. Could you please explain me the detailed process/ steps to be followed in IM and WM.

Thanks a ton

Regards,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything especially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to return any material to vendor. Against which no migo has been posted in the system. Means, it may be your old system stock. You can send the material to vendor thru return PO. Return PO can be made using ME21N, please tick return item tick. When you post the migo against this order, your stock will be deducted from the storage location movement type 161, after that a credit memo can be posted to debit the party.

You can also use this return order, where return material are more in nos and in small small quanitites. where you don;t want to post return delivery. You can also use in those cases where you want to debit the vendor as per current price not as per the rates on which migo is posted.

I Think it will clear your doubts.

Regards,

Archit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know the steps regarding WM..

How can I get the outbound delivery created in WM .

Thanks

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll need to assign a customer against the vendor in the vendor master. This customer should exist in the particular sales area from where you'd like to create the returns PO.

Assign the return delivery type that you want to use, to the PO doc type and supplying plant. The path is Materials Management > Purchasing > Purchase order > Returns order > Returns to Vendor

After creating the returns PO, you will see Shipping tab in items details. Check the details like delivery type, shipping point, etc. You can create delivery against the returns PO using VL10B.

Picking and packing can be done using standard WM functionality.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajiv..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for ur response!

I have assigned customer number in the vendor master. Now while creating the PO , when i click on shipping details I get the following error.

No delivery type for returns processing assigned to item 00010

Cld u please let me know what config i m missing?

Regards!

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Please read Rajiv's message more carefully. He already told you that you have to maintain return delivery type (RL) for you PO document type. The path is:

SPRO > MM > PO > Return Order > Returns to Vendor

You have to maintain other settings as well:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/a5/63351643a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

I have already maintained the returned delivery type for the returns order. I forgot to update that in earlier message.

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure this can help you but it's worth a try (I've found it on SAPfans forum posted by Svetja): OSS note 199790.

BR

Csaba