cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sc version info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a track which deals with a SC A. Now the same SC should also be transported to a connecting track. so I defined the same software component SC A while creating a track.

When I checked in an activity, it goes thru CMS and after assembly a Sc with build number (say 123 is created) and after approval it goes to the dev system of connecting track and also to prod system of mainline track.

so now in the connecting track, the SC with Build nr 123 is available in DEV tab. and again this has to go through assembly process, which means that a new build, 145 is created. so when I view the system state in the production system and the system in my connecting track, they show a different build nr for SC A. doesnt that mean that my SC in the main track and follow on track is not in sync.

when I have only one system in connecting track, what should i define it as ..i.e which runtime sytem , DEV, CONS, TEST AND PROD. what is the best practice here.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I think you are still working on your training system problem.

A solution for this is described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/f1a03611d83ee4e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

The different build numbers you mentioned are the request numbers? If so, these have to be different in your case, because a new build is started by CBS in a new buildspace.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

Yep, you are correct. This is regarding the track to training systems.

the link was helpful. i didnt understand one point.

1. It was mentioned that while creating follow-on tracks, we should specify "the required SC's". what should I specify here

a) should I specify only SCA, the software component that I developed in the main track

b) should I specify the three base SC's, i.e. sap-jee, jtech services and build tool.

c) should I mention all, i.e. my SCA and also the three base SC's over there.

could you please clarify?

Thank you

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I haven´t done this sort of transport by myself yet but as I understand the decription you should use option c).

If you are sure that the correct runtime libraries are already deployed to your training system you can also use option a).

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for the reply.

If I choose option a) i.e. when i include the SC, SC<b>A</b>(the one that i devleoped in main track) in the table "Required Software Components" , i think it will also include all its dependencies by default. isnt it?

The run time libraries will be transported to these follow-on tracks when you approve them in the "APPROVAL" tab of main track.

Please correct me if i am wrong

Thank you for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My first question is: What's the second track for? What's its purpose?

Define your runtime systems to the roles they represent in your system landscape (dev system -> DEV stage; prod system PROD stage).