Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model freezes at run time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on NW04s SP15 and I have the following scenario:

I've created a model that displays the sales orders of a customer in a table view, using a custom made servise. Additionally whenever I click on an item, another custom made service, returns the line items of the selected sales order.

Additionally I have other elements on screen - drop down lists mainly.

The problem is that after selecting the second sales order the model freezes, which means that the screen does not return the new line items but displays the ones that came from the first sales order.

It seems to unfreeze if I select on a filter element I've created using a drop down list, but after the first record selection it freezes again. Note that with the previous Flash compiler it worked fine but I kept getting those nasty 32k errors.

Is there a way to overcome this or is it a bug that hopefully will be fixed on the next SP? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Panos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant that the smaller model does not have the same problem as the big one with Flex 2 compiler.

I will look for design errors in my model.

Thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I figured out what is causing the problem.

The cause is that in the table view of the line items of the document, I used an expression box. In there I applied some styles for the foreground color of the field's values. After removing these styles the model works absolutely fine.

This is definitely a bug of the Flex 2 compiler.

I hope that SP16 solves this as well.

Regards,

Panos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

if your application is working fine with Flex 1.5 Compiler and not working with Flex2 means its Bug.

Could you Reproduce this issue with small model and send to me

i will check it on my system

govindunagotla at gmail

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

thanks for the response. Unfortunately when I try to reproduce the problem with a smaller model using standard SAP services, the problem simply isn't there!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that it works fine with Flex 2 compiler.

Now I'm really confused because if it was a services problem then I should have the same problem with Flex 1.5 compiler too. If it is a compiler problem why does the small model work?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Panos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

i did not get you.

You mean your model is working with Flex2 or Flex1.5 ?

if it is working with Flex1.5 and not working with Flex2 means its Bug with Flex2 Compiler not with Services.

and if it is working with Flex2 and not working with Flex1.5 Means its a Bug with Flex1.5.

If you are getting the Error with big models and not with small model means it will be your Design problem.

I hope your undertsnad my point

Regards,

Govindu

if helpful arward points instead of thanks