cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody ellobrate me on negative testing in Asap methodology. Urgent Please.

regards,

guru prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Guru,

Its a part of SAP unit testing

Negative testing is performed on security roles and profiles, custom fields, objects, and processes. Each test in negative testing needs two elements:

1. Intentionally specify conditions that will cause the software to generate an error.

2. Ensure that the generated error is handled in a specified manner.

An example of a negative test condition would be: Attempting to post a material to an invalid profit center should produce an error message. Another negative testing example for security roles and segregation of duties would be u201CAn inventory clerk attempts to approve a million-dollar purchase order when he is only permitted to approve purchase orders for a maximum of $500,000u2033

Negative testing will be designed to address the following situations:

Check exception handling and error message.

Prove that the system will deal with program exceptions and erroneous data.

Limit or prevent an end user from trying to do something he should not.

Demonstrate that the system does not do anything that it is not supposed to do.

Users are permitted to perform only actions based on their authorizations, position roles, and permissions.

Hope this will help.

Reward Point if helpful.

Thanks.,

RAja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thankyou very much for your timely answer.Is it that negative is done only for authorizations,roles ?

Are they not scenario specific. Please address

regards,

guru prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

Not Always, I mean we also test Developed Object by Negative testing. As i said Negative testing is part of Unit testing.

but what we do in negative testing is In negative testing, we will give negative data in input and we check any errors occurs.

and thus rectify errors.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Always,

As i said Negative testing is part of Unit testing, We also do negative testing for Checking the developed objects in ABAP.

In negative testing, we will give negative data in input and we check any errors occurs. and rectify the errors.

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (0)