Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sometimes I see by SM04 that there are user connected to the SAP system and

the told me that they've stopped the session by CTRlALTCANC 'cause the computer

was locked by some other software running.

How can they reconnect to the same session so that they start directly from the screen they were

working instead of restart a new session and enter again the data ?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this used to be possible in earlier versions of SAP. It would be interesting to know if someone posts here.

Earlier in SAP 4.0B, this was possible by an option called Take Over Session:

If a problem occurs in a useru2019s front-end server (PC or workstation), the user can

sometimes lose access to his or her session in the R/3 System. The useru2019s SAPGUI

front-end program has stopped running, but the useru2019s session is still active in the R/3

System.

If this problem occurs, a user can resume working in a lost session by u201Ctaking overu201D

the session. When a user takes over a session, he or she resumes working in the

session as though the front-end problem had never occurred.

A user can take over a session when he or she logs on to the R/3 System again. To

do this, type in your user ID and password and then select User->Take Over Session

rather than simply pressing ENTER. Or a user can take over a session in the User

overview with Process -> Take Over Session.

found the above text in the link:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print40b/EN/pdf/bckrnadm.pdf

Page number 15.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you 'cause I remember that in the earlier release it was possible.

I remember that a customer had a 4.0B and the above was possible but don't understand

why this function is no more possible....

Best regards

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea i don't know why it vanished all of a sudden.

Maybe if SAP guys read this post, it might spark of a discussion.

Can you raise a seperate thread in the Coffe Corner forum. SAP Guys generally reply there pretty quickly.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I donot think that if you close the sessions using SM04 you can connect to the same session again. But I suppose you are asking about the session closed from OS level.

So if you are using the local machine, then also it is not possible to connect to the process and came back to the screen.

But if you are using "Remote Desktop Utility" of Windows and you want to connect to the same session that was closed previously. you have to follow this step:

Login into the same System.. Go to "Administrative tools" --> Terminal service Manager"

Here you would get all the sessions connected using that system. Right click on the session that was closed and click "Connect".