cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross reference data from 2 different ecc system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sdners,

Iam working on a scenario where i have to get data from two different Ecc system,consolidate them and send it back to their respective system.

But some refernce data in both the systems are different and when iam merging data from 2 system i have to maintain either of the reference data.But problem comes when i syndicate it back to ECC ,it cannot accept a new reference data.

Please suggest me some answere how to proceed in such case.

Its urgent.

Points will be rewarded for Genuine answeres.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Neethu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My Problem is not in syndicating records respective to remote system but thing is if I merge records from two remote system then some lookup tables are main table fields so i have to merge that lookup data from two different system also but one system cannot accept reference data of other system.so inR3 its not geting posted and showing error.

If still u have any queries then do tell me.

Thanks for all the reply.

Waiting for right answere.

Regards,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

I think you still not tried my tip.

check your mailbox, you will get the how-to guide for it.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80eb6ea5-2a2f-2b10-f68e-bf735a45...

Pls confirm if it solved your problem.

+ An

Edited by: An. on Jul 9, 2008 1:05 AM

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neethu,

the standard repositories contain import maps for reference data that match during the import of reference data based on the "Name" field that is usually a text or description. Additionally all lookup tables are delivered with enabled key mapping. Both settings are intended because they allow you a syndication of master data back to the remote system using the correct keys.

Yu can use MDM to consolidate reference data. Let's imagine a simple example. You extract country from two different systems. One country stores "United States of America" with the key "US, the second stores it with key "USA". Using import manger for the two different systems, you'll get one entry in MDM's lookup table "United States of America" having two key mapping entries "US" and "USA", each linked with their specific remote system. If you extract a country only from one system because it does not exist in the other system - let's say "Australia", you should have only one key mapping. In the syndicator, we use the remote keys when creating the master data IDocs. For those remote systems where you do not have the key mapping, the IDoc won't contain a vallue. You don't get the error message.

You should look at your process. It seems that you want to harmonize the lookup values. Therefore MDM isn't the right tool. You should use the Solution Manager instead. With the SolMan you can transport customzing settings (respectively reference data) from one SAP system to another.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Possible. Enable key mapping for the lookup tables and then import the data from diff remote systems.this should solve the problem while syndicating.

Regards

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First enable keymapping property to YES for the table which you want to do

importing and syndicatig.

Create two remote systems type inbound/outbound .

Import the data from first remote system and map the corresponding fields.

Don't forget to map the remotekey field which is on the destination side.Make clone

of one of the dispaly field and map to the remote key field.

After importing you can see the records from which remote system are imported

using Edit Key Mappings option in DataManager.It shows that remotesystem

name and corresponding remote key.

Do the same for second remote system too.

After merging data in data manager , you can see the merged record and see the

two remote systems names and two remote keys by using Edit Key Mappings

option so the merged record goes back to both remote systems when you syndicate

the records.

Syndicate the data from first remote system by selecting destination properties and

output remote system property under map properties tab as your first remote

system.

Do the mapping for corresponding fields and don't forget to map the value field under

remote key .Then MDM generates remote keys for only records belongs to your

first remote system.You can see this in destination preview.It does n't genarate

remote keys for second remote system.Then check the option Suppress records

without key under map properties tab and execute the syndication.Finally we can

see the accurate records.

Do the same for second remote system too.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Refernce data from two ECC systems, firstly for this subtables in MDM console, do property Key Mapping = Yes

Import Data from both the systems using Transaction MDMGX so that complete refernce data reached in MDM from both the systems.

Create two remote systems of type Inbound/outbound

Most Importantly, During Import Using Import Manager select the respective Remote system here also Map one field from Source to Target Remote key for that subtable. in this way in Data Manager you could see which data come from which system by using Edit Key Mapping. Similarly import reference data for your second remote system.

Moreover during syndicate it back to ECC, your problem get solved as you select Destination remote system, so correspondinginly data will only syndaicted to respective ECC systems.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on Jun 25, 2008 9:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

qualified lookup tables for ref data with remote keys.

This will do the trick.

+ An

If you can wait, how to guide will be out by weekend.

Edited by: An. on Jun 25, 2008 8:34 AM