cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prob creating ABAP Proxy-Interface use external and interna msg definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a service interface using external definition (message type for request and response), imported via WSDL file. However, while creating ABAP proxy in SPROXY, it gave the error message "Interface uses external and internal message definition". I searched through the forum, the questions were raised but no definite answer was found. Is it not possible to generate a proxy if there is any external definition used?

Details of the error message:

Message no. SPRX122

Diagnosis

In a message interface you can use messages from different sources:

Message types and fault message types edited in the Enterprise Services Repository

Messages imported into the Enterprise Services Repository (external definitions, RFC, IDoc)

In the current message interface, message types from different sources have been used. Since messages from these different sources must be handled differently during proxy generation, such a mixture of messages within a message interface is not possible.

System Response

The interface cannot be generated.

Procedure

Change the interface definition accordingly in the Enterprise Services Repository.

p/s: My external definition is actually derived from a ABAP FM web service. The reason why i used external definition is that i try to avoid the tedious steps of hard-coding all the data types for the request and response message types.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

- julius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just make sure request and response message type are both from the imported WSDL. Leave the faulty message blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

For technical reasons, proxy generation and the respective editors in the Integration Builder do not support the entire language range of XML schema and WSDL. For an overview of which language elements are supported, see the Excel spreadsheet in the SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/xi ® Media Library ® Documentation: SAP XI 3.0 (SP11) u2013 Supported XML Schema and WSDL (EN).

I couldnt find the above document in the service market place. Any hint to find it?

Thanks.

- julius