Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download SAP xMII UDS 4.0 from Market place

It includes the following UDSs:

u2022 OPC Data Access (DA) UDS

u2022 OPC Historical Data Access (HDA) UDS

u2022 OLE DB UDS

UDS 4.0 is not directly bound to an MII version.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

i am using U.D.S.2.5.0.4.

Please help me to understand Whether U.D.S.2.5.0.4 is support the OLE DB UDS or not.

thanks

John.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am not sure whether U.D.S.2.5.0.4 is support the OLE DB UDS or not.

But you can use UDS 4.0 which is supporting OLEDB UDS.

Thanks,

Manisha

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

I am pretty sure that the OLE DB UDS is new with UDS Admin 4.0. You will need to upgrade.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using UDS 2.5 for connectivity with OSIsoft's PI data historian. If I upgrade to UDS 4.0 to get OLEDB, will I lose my PI connectivity?

David Macindoe

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

While I have not done the connections myself, I do know that there are at least three companies who are using 4.0 and connecting to PI data historians. So the short answer is no, you don't have to give up connectivity to PI. But I suspect that you may need to tinker with it a bit. I wish I could give you more specific information. Start a new thread and I will ask one of the guys who set them up to respond with some advice.

Mike

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For TAG queries keep using the PI API based UDS v2.5, but if you want to compliment your OSISoft connectivity with SQL queries then use the OleDB 4.0 UDS. Two data servers - two different types of queries, but you should have no issues coexisting.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy, Is it still true that the tag queries need to use the older 2.5 based UDS installs. I like what I've read about the data quality being returned for OPC Historical Data Access (HDA) UDS in the 4.0 UDS package.

From SAP Note 1136202 - xMII UDS - Third party data server compatibility:

"SAP xMII UDS should be compatible with any third party OPC DA or HDA data server which conforms to the OLEDB, OPC DA

or OPC HDA standards."

Is the GE 3.5 historian compliant with the HDA in 4.0 UDS package?

Answers (0)