cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a WDA component from another WDA component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have 2 WDA components. How to call one WDA component from another WDA component.

Another question is - How to call component controller from other components within the same WDA.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Take a look at this: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2e71ce83-0b01-0010-11a4-98c28a33195f].

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Thank you for your replies.

I understand how to reuse components like SALV_WD_TABLE and others within a WDA application.

My question is this: I have 2 different WDA applications. My query is to how to call one WDA component from another WDA component.

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Friends,

>

> Thank you for your replies.

>

> I understand how to reuse components like SALV_WD_TABLE and others within a WDA application.

>

> My question is this: I have 2 different WDA applications. My query is to how to call one WDA component from another WDA component.

>

> Points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

>

> Thanks.

What's the difference. you would call a component from another WDA application in the exact same way that you would reuse a component like SALV_WD_TABLE. Component usage works for any component.

Are you perhaps looking for how to navigate from one component to another.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Lets say you 2 comps C1 & C2. If you have call comp. C2 from C1, you have to reuse C2 in C1.

Makesure where ever you need to access C2 from comp C1 you include comp C2 under component usage.

Hope this helps ..

Regards

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In webdynpro u can use component usages for calling on component from other component.

-U need to add this component in the component usages of component controller

-next u have to add this in the used components of the view from which u want to call another component.

-In the view place a view element container and include the view of your required component in the window using using embed view.

-U cal also get the context of that other component view

reward points if helpful,

regards,

Anusha

Edited by: anusha sabbineni on Jun 25, 2008 11:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In WebDynpro ABAP , we cause other components by the cross-component technology. we can use other components by the Component usage.methods.In the properties of the Component u can add the other components and embed them in the View Containers .And for the Mapping of the different components make Interface nodes ,(tick the Check box of the Interface node in the Context tab )