Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Kindly let me clarify 3 things related to proxies here:

1. What is the difference between client proxy and Server proxy?

2. In Pi 7.0 when i open the sproxy transaction i am not able to open the service interface(message interface) it is asking for *package name , prefix & transport request?*

3.Kindly update me do we write any logic in proxies if so kindly give me some example?

Take care,

Karthik.k

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CLIENT PROXY:

A WSDL description from a UDDI server (or an Internet page) is usually used to make a service executable in the Internet and to describe the interface of this service. You require a client proxy and not a server proxy to call this service by using the Web service infrastructure.

SERVER PROXY:

You can only generate ABAP server proxies from a WSDL description if they originate in the Integration Repository.You can also generate server proxies for Java and client proxies for ABAP from message interfaces.

ABAp Server Proxies

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

ABAP Client Proxies

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3022-- [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

How do you activate ABAP Proxies?

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

we write any logic in proxies if so kindly give me some example

Yes you write logic in abap.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Client Proxy: R3-> XI

Server Proxy: XI->R3

In XI you create Inbound and outbound interface, which we can see in SPROXY(R3)

If your message interface is inbound asynchronous then it will be a server proxy.

If your message interface is outbound asynchronous then it will act as a client proxy.

Now for the package you need create a package in SE80

For prefix give it as 'Z'

Example

Now once you Activate the proxy.

You will get an abap class(name of your Mesasge interface)

Open this class in se24

this class will have a method

In case of asynchronous message it will be EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS

Now goto SE38 and write a code refering to your proxy objects.

For the code refer to this link.

reward points if useful.

regards,

Milan

0 Kudos

HI,

1) Client Proxy: Proxies created out of Outbound message Interfaces.Here XI is receiving some information and is

acting as a client.

Server Proxy : Proxies created out of Inbound message Interfaces.Here XI sends the information to some other system acting as the Server.

2) You can give the Package as $tmp which is a temporary package and give prefix as 'Z'.

3) Check out this links for more information on Proxies:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/ABAPProxy/page1.htm

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

Regards,

V.Ramya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find below the answer to your questions

1. What is the difference between client proxy and Server proxy?

Client Proxy is the proxy by which you send data to XI (created on Outbound Message Interface) whereas Server Proxy is the Proxy to which XI sends the data (created on Inbound Message Interface)

2. In Pi 7.0 when i open the sproxy transaction i am not able to open the service interface(message interface) it is asking for package name , prefix & transport request?

You cannot open mesage Interface from sproxy transaction. You can just view the definition of it. If you try to create a Proxy on that messag eInterface it will ask for package name, prefix which is required to generaet proxy. It si nothing but like a package or namespace used in anay programing language.

3. Kindly update me do we write any logic in proxies if so kindly give me some example?

Yes, we can write a logic on Proxy or can invoke a RFC from Proxy. You can get many samle codes in sdn.

Reward point if answer is helpful

Thanks

Amit