cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am researching a way to integrate SAP system with ABAP Proxy. I have sevareal questions.

1. Is it possible to use XI alerting for ABAP

2. Is it possible to use application acknowlendgement with asynch ABAP Proxy.

3. When I generate ABAP class in SPROXY transaction do I need to change it by hand or I can to map this proxy to RFC function or BAPI? Is it possible to generate interface in XI by BAPI or RFC and then generate ABAP Proxy?

What is the advantage of ABAP Proxy? I think it requres more ABAP coding...

I have read some blogs but I haven't got answer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

1.<i>Is it possible to use XI alerting for ABAP </i>

You can use alert when you use a BPM to call the ABAP Proxy (Control step).

2.<i>Is it possible to use application acknowlendgement with asynch ABAP Proxy</i>.

Again in BPM send step allows you to define transport and application level acknowledgements.

3.<i>Is it possible to generate interface in XI by BAPI or RFC and then generate ABAP Proxy?</i>

you can make a ABAP server proxy out of an Inbound interface and call an RFC or BAPI within it.Other way round is not possible..

Proxies are simply adapterless communicatiom.They are run in the local inegration server of Web AS server 6.20 and above.Hence they give better performance.

Regards,

Rashmi

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

can u please elobrate on XI alerting for ABAP?

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Sergey.

I can try to answer questions 2 and 3. Regarding 1, unfortunately, I haven't tried yet.

<b>2. Yes, definitely.</b>

If you are programming a client proxy (outbound, that is sending data to XI and then to another system) you can require ack and in case the receiver system is able to produce ack (for instance inbound ABAP or Java Proxy), it will be routed back to the sender system.

If you are programming a server proxy (inbound, that is receiving data from XI), raising an exception inside ABAP code will put the R/3 message in "Application Error". The fact that this ack is routed back to XI and to the sender depends on who sent the original data to your proxy: as far as I know, just BPM is able to require ack.

<b>3. Don't confuse RFC with Proxies.</b> The technology behind is really different. Either you use RFC/BAPI stuff (and in this case from an XI perspective you are using RFC Adapter) or proxies (using XI Adapter).

When you generate with SPROXY you have to:

1. write your own abap code to manage data if that's an INBOUND MESSAGE INTERFACE

2. nothing if it's an OUTBOUND MESSAGE INTERFACE, except find the right point in the system where to invoke it (report, customer exit, module pool or whatever).

Finally, the great advantage of proxies is XI native protocol usage. It doesn't require more ABAP. The ABAP code is the same you would put in a function module. The difference is that with proxies you are in an ABAP Object context, which is not the case of functions.

Hope this is exhaustive for you!

Alex

Message was edited by: Alessandro Guarneri