cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In ECC 6.0, can I link a CTS project id to a transport target group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECC 6.0, can I link a CTS project id to a specific transport target group?

I configured two IMG projects, namely, Phase1 and Phase2. In SPRO, I tied them to CTS project ids, DEV_P00001 and DEV_P00002, respectively. In STMS, I configured two transport target groups called /PHASE1/ and /PHASE2/ that I want to link with the corresponding project ids. The intention is that Phase1 transports will go to the clients specified in the /PHASE1/ target group and that Phase2 transports will go to the clients specified in the /PHASE2/ target group

I want to link the CTS project ids to the respective transport target groups so that (e.g.) if a team member creates a transport in SE01/SE09/SE10 and chooses the DEV_P00001 project id from the Project dropdown, then /PHASE1/ will appear as the default transport target. Likewise, if the team member instead chooses the CTS project id DEV_P00002, then /PHASE2/ will appear as the default transport target.

Right now, the user has to remember to choose the correct combination of CTS project id/transport target group.

Solution Manager is NOT involved in this scenario.

Does anyone know of a way to do this in ECC 6.0?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this it worked for me though,

1. Goto SPRO_ADMIN

2. Select the Project

3. Choose Change

4. Go To Transport Requests TAB

5. Activate CTS Functionality

6. Save it after the Pop Up

7. Go to Se10 and check if the Project Field is getting Populated with the Desired Project or not.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

As per my understanding if you have created two transport target.then you have to specify the target group at the time of transport request creation.Project IDs are the way of grouping the request so that you can move them as a bunch in later cases.

In SPRO_ADMIN there is no way for specifying target group for project.

Thanks,

Sumit