Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question about SAP solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to Edit or Delete or create New Entry in "Landscape Components"

I having problem in Solution Manager 4.0

Tr: SMSY goto Landscape Components --> Systems --> SAP R/3 --> NQA --> R/3 Server

In CLIENT Tab entry listed blow:-

Client: 250

Name: NQA Server

Role: Production

Logical system: NQACLNT250

RFC Read Access: SM_NQACLNT250_READ

RFC Change Manager: SM_NQACLNT250_TMW

Trusted system RFC: SM_NQACLNT250_TRUSTED

RFC for solution Manager: SM_NQACLNT250_TRUSTED

My qestion is when I highlight entry and click on RFC pushbotton there is no such as I can change or Edit entry or I can't delete that Row ?

How can I do that please advised

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

If I follow what you're saying, you want to delete one of your clients from your system in txn SMSY. Per the SAP online help (see below), you need to switch to "manual" maintenance mode, as it is assumed that your system's data was populated automatically. See the online help below and try what it suggests. Note: I'm on SOLMAN 4.0, SP15. In SMSY there is no "Landscape Components ® Other Object" option. It is actually the button just to the left of the pencil (Change) button whose text says "Other Object..". Click that button, then click the System radio button, then put in your system's system name (ie Q01), then click the button on that pop-up that looks like an unlocked lock, then click Yes on the pop-up after that, then click on the greencheck button(s) until you're back in SMSY. You may have to re-click on your "R/3 Server" link to get back to the client tab/screen. Make sure you go back into Change mode and then your "delete" button will be available.

FYI - just below here is the online help for what I described above. Below that I've included comments of what I did when I did this myself.

Manual Data Source Maintenance

Use

You cannot edit all data manually in servers, databases and systems which were determined automatically. You can set the data source to manual maintenance, to be able to edit all data in this landscape element manually.

You should only set the data source to manual maintenance if the automatically captured description does not match the actual definiton of the landscape component. This can, for example, be the case if a system temporarily has an additional server, which is recognized by the automatic data capture, but should not be in the system description because it is only temporary.

Prerequisite

You are in the Solution Manager System Landscape (SMSY).

Procedure

1. Choose Landscape Components ® Other Object, or

2. Choose the landscape component from the possible entries help, or enter the name of the landscape component.

3. Choose the Set Data Source to Manual Input pushbutton.

4. Confirm the confirmation prompt.

END of ONLINE HELP section

Below is the text from the pop-up msg after I clicked on the button (for my Q01 system) in the "Select Other Object" pop-up called "Set Data Source to Manual Input". That button looks like a unlocked lock symbol.

Switch object to manual maintenance

You switch an object to manual maintenance to be

able to edit the object description determined

by the system, manually.

You should only do this if the automatically

determined description does not match the

definiton of the object. This can, for example,

be the case if a system temporarily has an

additional server which is recognized by the

automatic data capture, but should not be in the

system description, because it is only

temporary.

Do not delete any required parts of the object

definition, and keep the definition of the

object consistent.

Switch Q01 to Manual Entry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for reply

Yes, I checked solution manager User: solman and tr: su01 roles already there S_RFCACL

in NQA system trusted system: my user id and solman user has roles S_RFCACL

in NDV has same roles but NDV does works fine...

Thanks for reply... I wanna tell you about summary my case

R/3 landscape (NDV,NQA,NPR)

NDV and NPR does works fine and getting EWA everyweek which is schedule every week

NQA does not work at all

-

1. I check RFC connection in solution manager (sdccn)

Selected NQA, and click RFC button

Login NQA tr: sdccn --> taskLog --> from menu GOTO --> setting --> Processor task

Checkhosts then double click (RFC destination) I got error: "no host fulfils the requirements of service data control center"

Is there any problem please let me know

-

2. Goto SM59 --> under R/3 connection --> check connection "SM_NSMCLIENT100_BACK" does works fine...

-

NOTE: in NQA login my user name (run SM59 under R3 connection) has 2 connections

SM_NSMCLNT100_BACK

SM_NSMCLNT100_TRUSTED

SM_NSMCLNT100_BACK = SM59 Test connection works fine

Remote logon = getting an error messages: "No authorization to logon as trusted system (Trust"

-

NOTE: in NDV login my user name (run SM59 under R3 connection) has 2 connections

SM_NSMCLNT100_BACK

SM_NSMCLNT100_TRUSTED

SM_NSMCLNT100_BACK = SM59 Test connection works fine

Remote logon = works fine...

-

IN NQA i have user name and password for SOLMAN and will not allowed to any tr: such as SMT1

IN NDV I don't have SOLMAN password, but i can login my user name and its works fine...

QUESTION LIST:

1. how to give SM_NSMCLINT100_BACK & SM_NSMCLINT100_TRUSTED system to authrozation ?

2. how to retrive solman password in NDV system if I forget ?

3. how to retrive solman password in Solution Manager if I forget ?

4. how to create Trusted system in NQA ?

5. how to check trusting system correct logon data is stored for the trusted system using the function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_TRUSTED_SYSTEM ?

Please advised

Thanks in Advanced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I couldn't explain that problem detail, Ok, here is story!!!!

In solution manager 4.0 we setup for R/3 4.6C (EWA) early watch report

When adding satellite system via SLD, the ABAP stack need to read what has registered in the SLD to transfer it to tr: SMSY. schedule this job to a period that suits you need, and this job run every hr.

Adjust the job "LANDSCAPE FETCH" but, but, but, when I run this job in SM37, Job is "Cancelled"

This job run one program "RSGET_SMSY" i don't know what does it do?

My first question is how to fix that job will run again!

My 2nd Question is:

We have R/3 - NDV system and NQA system for EWA and NDV is running fine for EWA, but NQA having some problem, so I would like to configuration both system look like same in solution manager

in tr: smsy --> landscape components --> R/3 NQA system --> Header Data tab and data source is setup as "Manual (Message at adjustment) how to changed it to make "SLD" ?

so I want NQA data source will change to "SLD"

I tried to select NQA system then click other object bush button then select system and press unlock to edit it but it just shows manual option there....

I am sending screen shot please review

My 3rd question: when I run SMT2 I am getting "No authrization to log on as a trusted system (RC=1) in NQA, and RFC connection (Remote) getting same messages in R/3 NQA system as well

Can you please tell me step by step how to fix that

Thanks a lot in advanced

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding the LANDSCAPE FETCH job problem, I had this same problem and what resolved it was when I used txn SMSY_SETUP and changed to using the TMS option instead of the SLD option. Once I did that, the job has completed successfully ever since.

On your 2nd question about changing your NQA system's data source to SLD, I would try txn SMSY_SETUP (or from SMSY, select Goto > Setup System Landscape Maintenance). On that screen, select Help > Application Help and search for " Online Help section named "Set-Up Automatic Data Capture for System Landscape".

3rd question about SMT2: please search online help for "Generate/Change RFC Connections" and also this forum for "SMT2".

P.S. I noticed you have posted multiple postings here, some with the same issues/questions in each. Please limit each issue to one posting so that others can follow the trail to the issue's resolution. This will also let others know if the issue has been resolved or not, thereby saving them time from replying to one of your other postings with the same questions listed. Otherwise, you risk not having anyone reply to your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much for reply, and thats true, I sent multiple quesiton, I understand that, I will careful next time....

I am trying to resolve my problem and I will let you know if its works

thanks again your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there

landscape fetch still haivng same problem even i cheanged SLD to TMS anyway! I thing we have to resolve first RFC connection it could be resolve automatically!

I wanna expalin my problem again! about solution manager and Remote Logon in RFC getting an messages:

"you are not authrozation in trusted system RC=1

Basically I am tyring to fix EWA (R/3 system) NDV, NQA and NPR

EWA does works fine all system before we done system refresh

We done system refresh NPR to NQA

after that NQA (EWA) does not working... and other system like NPR and NDV EWA works

I thing something wrong in RFC connection in Trusted/Trusting system

lets check configuration NDV and NQA (Remember NDV does works and NQA does not work for EWA)

IN SOLUTION MANAGER RFC CONNECTION

====================================

Under ABAP connection

SM_NDVCLNT250_READ (Test connection & Remote logon works fine) Client 250 User solman

SM_NDVCLNT250_TMW (Test connection & Remote logon works fine) Client 250 User solman

• SM_NDVCLNT250_TRUSTED (Test connection works & Remote logon getting messages: No authrozation to log

on trusted system), but EWA getting data fine...

Screenshot in NQA from solution manager:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2614059798/sizes/o/

IN NQA R/3 RFC connection

=========================

Under R/3 connection

SM_NSMCLNT100_BACK (Test connection works fine & Remote logon getting messages: No authrozation to log on

trusted system) also EWA does not works as well

screen shot here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2614059894/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2614059874/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2613227149/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2614059798/sizes/o/

Any more suggesions/feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Issue 2008//

I want to try to help you..

SLD

landscape fetch still haivng same problem even i cheanged SLD to TMS anyway! I thing we have to resolve first RFC connection it could be resolve automatically!

Is always better use SLD...there are a lot of notes releated with your problem..but you can try this;..

Txcode: SMSY_SETUP>Menu:Edit>Expert Settings = clear all the entris, only leave Default CPU Load AC=85.

Authorization

"you are not authrozation in trusted system RC=1

Tips:

The username is exact the same name in SM and NDV?.

In txcode SMT1 you have the ABAP system NDV and inside you have the RFC Destinaiton SM_NDVCLNT250_TRUSTED ?

In NDV you have a Z Role with

Authorization object S_RFC and S_RFCACL....remember to use in S_RFCACL> T-DV93048200>RFC_USER the value sy-uname..all the other values can be *..

RFC Connection

to check the RFC use:

SM59>Open the RFC> Menu: Utilities>test>Authorization Test (this check the connection and the user)

for

SM_NDVCLNT250_READ (Test connection & Remote logon works fine)

and

SM_NDVCLNT250_TMW (Test connection & Remote logon works fine) Client 250 User solman

you cant not make Remote Logon..(is a security issue)...

SM_NDVCLNT250_TRUSTED (Test connection works & Remote logon getting messages: No authrozation to You can check the Remote connection..but remember to check the authorization form the previous answer..

SM_NSMCLNT100_BACK (Test connection works fine & Remote logon getting messages: No authrozation to log on

This RFC Is used by the satellite System to send the ewa information to SM. You cant make remote logon ) this is a security issue too...

To be more clear...

the only RFC with Remote Logon is TRUSTED...in the other RFC you can only check using the "Authorization Test"...

I think that you have a problem during the Plug phase...

check this document to know if you are doing it ok..

"How to Plug Satellites using LongSID - V2.0"

[http://wlacaze.googlepages.com/SAP-SOLMAN-WORK-PlugLongSIDSystem-v2.pdf|http://wlacaze.googlepages.com/SAP-SOLMAN-WORK-PlugLongSIDSystem-v2.pdf]

This paper show the process for LongSID..you dont need todo the Manual SID creation..

Thxs

Wence

http://wlacaze.googlepages.com/home

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for great information and help, no one provided information such as you provided to me, I really appriciated!!!

Pretty much cleared lot of thing...

About Authorizations

-

In SM and NQA RFC user is same: SOLMAN

In NQA SOLMAN (Roles) only defined Z:BC_SOLMAN look like customized, also check all entries are "*"

but profile name of this roles: T-DV171443 both system NQA and NDV (Remember NDV does works fine)

I Add new Rules in NQA S_RFCACL and profile name is: T-DV171443, I am not sure is ok or not?

I can't login Solution manager in this time, becuase now it backup time will be ok after couple of hr.

then I will eamil you about clear entry as you said before...

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. In Solution Manager: When I check system landscap follow http://hostname:50000/sld page comeup but when I click on administration getting message: "You are not authorized to view the requested resource"

2. In SM: Tr: smt1 shows: Trusted systems in ABAP systems all other server shows: such as NQA,NPR,NDV..

all setting NQA and NDV same, but none of them remote logon works same error "no authorization to log on as a trusted system

3. Done and remove all entries in smsy_setup --> Edit --> Export setting from SM

I am sending ScreenShot of SM authrozation please let me know where i am getting mistake ???

very thanks in Advanced!

Travis

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

In solution Manager: NDV RFC connection status (Remember EWA works fine)

NDV SOLUTION MANAGER

-

SM_NDVCLNT250_READ (works Remote logon + Connection Test)

SM_NDVCLNT250_TMW (works Remote logon + Connection Test)

SM_NDVCLNT250_TRUSTED (only Test works, Remote getting messages: No authrozation)

TRUSTING_SYSTEM@NDV (only Test works, Remote getting messages: No authrozation)

NQA SOLUTION MANAGER

-

SM_NQACLNT250_READ (works Remote logon + Connection Test)

SM_NQACLNT250_TMW (works Remote logon + Connection Test)

SM_NQACLNT250_TRUSTED (only Test works, Remote getting messages: No authrozation)

TRUSTING_SYSTEM@NQA (only Test works, Remote getting messages: No authrozation)

IN NDV R/3 SYSTEM

-

SM_NSMCLNT100_BACK (Remote+Test both works)

SM_NSMCLNT100_TRUSTED (Remote+Test both works)

TRUSTING_SYSTEM@NSM (only Test works, Remote getting messages: No authrozation)

IN NQA R/3 SYSTEM

-

SM_NSMCLNT100_BACK (only Test works, Remote getting messages: No authrozation)

SM_NSMCLNT100_TRUSTED (only Test works, Remote getting messages: No authrozation)

TRUSTING_SYSTEM@NSM (only Test works, Remote getting messages: No authrozation)

SOLMAN USER IN NQA

-

User type: Dialog

Roles: S_RFCACL and Z:BC_SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more thing i want to tell you;

in NQA system user SOLMAN locked lot of times, what do you thing may be the password is not proper setup ?