Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP/ECC6 Security Course Recommendations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

The SAP system which I am administering has just undergone a migration from SAP R/3 4.7 to NW2004/ECC6. As a beginning SAP security administrator, I was wondering if someone can kindly recommend a security course from SAP which I can take which explains the new features/differences on how security functions from R/3 to NW2004.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if the SAP courses ADM940/950/960 will tell you only the new features in NW2004S but I am sure it will tell you what is in it.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if the SAP courses ADM940/950/960 will tell you only the new features in NW2004S but I am sure it will tell you what is in it.

0 Kudos

As you are new to security, if you get the basics understood, frankly the differences in the versions is virtually irrelevant if you are working on the ABAP stack (i.e. ECC6). Someone who understands 4.6C can go to ECC6 with no problem at all.

As JC pointed out, the ADM courses are the ones to go for. ADM940 covers the authorisation concept and is taught on ECC6 boxes (at least it is here in UK). What it teaches (or should teach if the trainer is good) covers many versions of SAP but you will be hands on with an up to date system.

From memory main differences are:

You have some more auth objects to play with

The New G/L is a pain in the neck (if you use it)

Debug looks different

SU53 looks a little bit different (but still familiar)

SU24 looks a bit different (but still familiar)

It's easier to add in custom code to get additional auth checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I took ADM940 & ADM950 about 2 years ago and the courses were 4.6 based. I was completely new to SAP and the security model. Our company was starting out on ECC 6. I had no trouble making the connection between the two. The concepts are the same, but the screens have changed slightly.

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try eLearning section here on SDN. There are some presentations which may be helpful for you.

For example:

Security Services at SAP

SAP NetWeaver Security

Security Basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you kindly for all the help. I have went ahead and enrolled in ADM940 (seemed like a pretty good course, I'm sure I have dealt with some of the stuff but not all the topics are familiar to me) so it should be a great learning experience! I will also follow the suggestion of checking SDN for further documentation and doing some research.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have already got some experience then that's the best time to go. You won't be getting to grips with the basic stuff (just the authorisation concept takes a while to explain/understand - hardest part of the course) & you can focus on the rest.