cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert for file not getting picked up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to create an alert when the file is not picked by adapter..consider a file adapterr...

i mean the file is at the location...for some reasons the file is not being picked up....how to trigger an laert based on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

alerts are only generated when there is an error in AE or IE,if file is not picked up due to some network connectivity issues and you get error in AE then alerts will be triggered but if the file is missing in the sender dir. then thats not an error hence no alert will be triggered.

Can you please tell us whats the error you are getting in AE for which alert is not generated.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

its not an error...its just a requirement i need to fullfill.

do you have any idea how to go ahead.......

one more thing ..

can you brief me what u said here....if file is not picked up due to some network connectivity issues and you get error in AE then alerts will be triggered

u said only AE and IE errors are captured..then how about the above line u said....how will we trigger alerts...

Edited by: Harsha reddy on Jun 24, 2008 8:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>if file is not picked up due to some network connectivity issues and you get error in AE then alerts will be triggered

If there is connectivity issues between AE and the sender system then you will get error in communication channel saying that connection could not be established.hence alerts triggered.

but if the connection is established but the file is not present or filename is wrong then no alerts will be triggered coz the above two instances are not errors.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there a way we can do it Aamir..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the file is on FTP server then its not possible even via scripts.but if the sender file is supposed to be on NFS and its not there then you can write a script and check for existence of file,if file doesn't exits then write a log file and pick this log file(via another sender channel) and trigger alert.

if file is on FTP then the script must be scheduled on FTP itself but its independant of XI,there is no connection between that script and XI

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i do know these links...i dont think this will suffice my requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI: Alerts - Step by step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step