cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A: F4 help on InputField, auto description to be populated!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a VIEW with UI elemnt InputField & TextView. InputField we enter customer-code and on the event ENTER, fetch the customer description populate them on TextView.

I enabled F4 help on the InputField, we select a CODE here and Copy it to the InputFIeld, for description to be displayed i HAVE to HIT enter AGAIn on this input field( Which customer hates ).

How can i populate the customer description automatically after i select customer code in F4 help????

Any Event i can catch??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well you can't really directly hook into the standard DDic Value Help event. You would have to change to a Programmed Search Help to have that level of control. But that is probably more work than necessary.

Note: I've never tested this approach. You will have to give it a try and see if the order of event handling will work:

Instead consider moving your logic from the onEnter to WDDOMODIFYVIEW. This way it will be executed for any event. Leave the onEnter event handler, just with no logic in it so that it still triggers a round trip event. In the WDDOMODIFYVIEW, just check to see if the value in context attribute bound to the input field has changed, if so fire the logic to populate the name into the other field. That way any server side event (include the F4) will trigger the logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Thanks that was just cool Any idea of the performance impact?? with this approach ? as wdmodifyview will be called always....

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Performance impact shouldn't be noticable at all. The phase model still passes through WDDOMODIFY view regardless. It is really just the check of change on the context attribute that adds a little overhead. Keep the old value in controller attribute to avoid having to read from the context for this (since the context access has greater overhead than a controller attribute).

Answers (0)