cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform problem.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a SMARTFORM that ive called within a single shared spool.

If i only have one page to print within the smartform this works pefectly (looping at the FM to call). Which returns multiple content pages in my single spool.

My problem is that i want to have 3 pages within my form, essentially a front cover, content page and back page.

There will only ever be one page for my front cover.

There will be multple pages for the cotent page.

There will only ever be one page for my back cover.

All of the above pages sgould still be contained within a single spool.

Any ideas ladies and gents????

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DJ

Create your first page with secondary window and in general atributes->next page : give second page.

Second page contains main window and its data to flow.

Right click create->flow logic->command . this creates a command here check go to next page : Third page

Third page is your last page i.e back cover.create secondary window and proceed.

Please make sure all your window sizes are same i mean with respect to height width length upper margins.

This will surely work.

Regards

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for this got all 3 pages working,.

Is it possible to loop at a page??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to loop at a page. As you said you wanted your content(multiple pages) in 2nd page i insisted you to do it in main window now you can loop in this main window.

Reward points if answers are helpful.

Swetha

Edited by: Swetha on Jun 26, 2008 9:35 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

smart form can have pages with out main window.

create 2 pages with out main window (i.e cover and last pages) and rest with main window.

now your first page will be cover page after completing it use command statement and call second page this will have main window so that this will repeate till the data ends.

after completing the table write another command statement to call last page.

this will slove your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

Unfortuately this didnt solve my problem....Reason being that the smartform FM is being called within a loop in my main program.

I get an error of 'PAGE BREAK IS ONLY ALLOWED IN MAIN WINDOW.'

In addition i think because the FM is being called in a loop the frist page, second page and third page will all be printed in 'X' number of times.

Anyone else....?

Thanks

former_member188005
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope u have created the pages with diffferent names....

Cover_page

Main_page

Last_page.

try this out please...

In the page attributes uhave to specify the following details

Cover_page -> next page = cover_page and for main_page next page = main_page and for last page the same way....

and for main_page increase the counter and for other no change in counter....

Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. While creating the smartform, the first page has main window. After all data to be printed in first page, Create a command in the main window itself and specify the next page as page2.

2. Create second page and create a window in it. Change the u2018window typeu2019 in general attributes tab as u2018Main Windowu2019. Here you can create a table or loop in the main window. So multiple pages can be printed. After the loop or table, create a command. In the command specify the next page as page3.

3. Create third page and create a window in it. Change the u2018window typeu2019 as u2018Main Windowu2019

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakeel,

Received the following errors when following instruction.....

ERROR: For front and back page

Page without the main window must not be displayed as the next page

Thanks

Edited by: dj_handler on Jun 25, 2008 12:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiny,

Receiving Error Two main windows are not allowed for both windows in new pages ?????

Thanks