cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local classes and macros disabled in assistance classes - why?

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm creating an assistance class and noticed that both the local classes implementation section as well as the macros one are inaccesible for this class. I've began to look at other assistance classes used in components and noticed that too.

Does anyone know why is that? I was trying to create some local classes for the assistance class. I can use the definition section for both definition and implementation and it works, but I suppose there is some reason for it to work like that...

Maybe it is a bug since, the problem occurs only when creating the class from the WD component. If it is a class created from outside (SE24 / SE80) and afterwards defined as assistance class, the problem doesn't occur, even the already created implementation section is kept.

As additional info: I'm on Netweaver 7.0 SP12.

Thanks!

Edited by: Alejandro Bindi on Jun 30, 2008 10:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOLVED: I ran an extended check on my class and it gave the following warning:

Used includes of class Z.. are obsolete

Clean up the class in the Class Builder

(In change mode, under Utilities, choose "Convert Class-Local Types")

(The message cannot be hidden using pseudo-comment "#EC .., bzw. durch SET

EXTENDED CHECK OFF/ON)

I've followed suggested steps and the workbench itself separated DEFINITION from IMPLEMENTATION in different includes as it should be.

Now menues GoTo -> Class local types -> Local Class implementations / Macros are enabled as well.

It seems an error in the way the WDA view of the SE80 creates the assistant class.

Regards