cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java stack add on to ECC6 IDES (abap stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed ECC6 IDES ABAP stack . I tried to install Java stack along with the ABAP stack its asking for Java component versin 700SR1 label. I have the java component but its not matching with the required.

Now i have installed ABAP stack , i would like to add on Java Stack with this IDES ECC abap stack .Please advice what version java component will support for this and How can i go ahead with this .

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to do use the same CD set as you used for the ABAP part.

Apart from that I would highly recommend installing Java on a different machine/instance.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for your immediate response.

I have the Java component for IDES ECC6 .But while installation its asking for difference Label 700SR1.its not maching with my java component version.That why i installed ABAP version alone from the installtion dump.Now i would like to add Java stack to the same. Is there any workaround for this to install java .

Or ECC6 non ides java component will support ?

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the Java component for IDES ECC6 .But while installation its asking for difference Label 700SR1

-> check the installation master DVD match the java component DVD.

if you have JAVA component DVD for SR2 then use SR2 installation master.

ECC6 non ides java component will support ?

-> An additional JAVA-AS can be installed, but will contain no IDES specific data.

check Note 1013391 - IDES ERP 2005 ECC 6.0 SR2

one query : what is the current patch level of BASIS and ABAP component on your ides server.

regards,

kaushal