Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPInst Error on OpenSuse 10.3 AMD 64 bit 6000+processor 6GB RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Initially i used to get different error due to incorrect jvm;

SAP Build is: SAPinst, version 701, make variant 700_REL, build 967243 compiled on Mar 6 2008, 21:44:08

now when i start #./sapinst

GUI is coming up with following error and if i press ok it is terminating:

Unable to start a service execution. Please check the following information for the possibble reason and inform the installation development : Opened sylib701.so exe dir is /tmp/sapinst_exe.4017.1214306674 MessageLib initialized successfully. Working directory changed to /tmp/sapinst_exe.4017.1214306674. Opened /tmp/sapinst_exe.4017.1214306674/iaguieng701.so Working directory changed to /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64. getspnam() returned NULL. checking existence of account user="root" uid="0" succeeded with true. inserted account (root, 0, USER) into the accountcache. receiving and sending on port 21200 doStartGuiServer() is now running... java is: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java startGui() returns... Account sapinst already exists. checking existence of account group="sapinst" gid="1000" succeeded with true. inserted account (sapinst, 1000, GROUP) into the accountcache. Real group ID set to 1000. account user="root" uid="0" exists with parameter gid="0" checking existence of account group="root" gid="0" succeeded with true. inserted account (root, 0, GROUP) into the accountcache. account user="root" uid="0" exists with parameter gid="0" account user="root" uid="0" exists with parameter groups="sapinst,root" User is already member of group sapinst. Nothing to do. exe dir is /tmp/sapinst_exe.4017.1214306674 Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/x. Removing file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/x. retrieving account information for group sapinst... Account sapinst already exists. getting ACL of /tmp/sapinst_instdir succeeded. inserted account (Everyone, -17, GROUP) into the accountcache. Editing rights (rwx): (1000, GROUP, =rwx) Setting rights of sapinst to rwx Editing rights (rwx): (0, USER, =rwx) Setting rights of root to rwx Editing rights (rwx): (-17, GROUP, =rwx) Setting rights of Everyone to rwx Authorizations set for /tmp/sapinst_instdir. retrieving account information done. Working directory changed to /tmp/sapinst_exe.4017.1214306674. Opened /tmp/sapinst_exe.4017.1214306674/iakdblib701.so Working directory changed to /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64. This is SAPinst, version 701, make variant 700_REL, build 967243 compiled on Mar 6 2008, 21:44:08 current working directory is /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64 Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/x. Removing file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/x. retrieving account information for group sapinst... Account sapinst already exists. getting ACL of /tmp/sapinst_instdir succeeded. Editing rights (rwx): (1000, GROUP, =rwx) Setting rights of sapinst to rwx Editing rights (rwx): (0, USER, =rwx) Setting rights of root to rwx Editing rights (rwx): (-17, GROUP, =rwx) Setting rights of Everyone to rwx Authorizations set for /tmp/sapinst_instdir. retrieving account information done. File /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64/product.catalog is not a valid control.xml. The execution will be terminated now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for this much delayed reply...

Finally

I have installed on SUSE enterpise linux 10 without any errors except Oracle installer is not coming up enven though i have configured disply env

I did #ssh -X ora<sid>@192.168.1.100

then it worked like charm.

Thanks guys thanks for all ur support

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear satesh,

could you please retry with a certified Linux distribution like SLES10 (SP2) ?

Another thing, did you start the installation from the "cd folder" ? Please use a seperate folder to invoke the sapinst command, e.g.

mkdir -p /tmp/install
cd /tmp/install
/sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/sapinst

Does the problem still persists then?

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hannes,

As per your suggested for the installation of ECC 6.0 SR3 on HPUX IA 64 bit System our problem is solved.

But i want to know that what is logic behind to start the installation as you suggested.

If i directly start the installation from /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/sapinst its give the error product.catalog is not a valid control.xml

And if i start the installation suggested ny you

********************************************************************************************************

mkdir -p /tmp/install

cd /tmp/install

/sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/sapinst

*******************************************************************************************************

then its work

i want to know why its not working if start directly from directory.

Thanks and regards

Vishal

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well,

the colleages from SAPINST document, that you should call sapinst from being inside an empty directory, because it tries to extract file there. Extracting files on a 'ro' mount is not possible. Maybe sapinst has issues with detecting if the current folder is mounted 'ro' to the separate directory approach is always the best.

Thanks,

Hannes

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only the IBM JDK from note 861215 - Recommended Settings for the Linux on AMD64/EM64T JVM is supported. The SuSE supplied version is not.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am using IBM JVM only

My JAVA_HOME = /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very difficult to read, next time please put "code" tags around the logfiles (mark and press on <> in the editor).

Did you patch sapinst manually?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

no

this is what i dumped from dvd's

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand this part

IM_LINUX_X86_64/product.catalog is not a valid control.xml

Can anybody explain how it is validating that product catalog

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The .xml is checked against a .dtd.

That's why I was asking if you did exchange/patch sapinst manually....

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

I did not changed any thing manually...

I simply copied all DVD's into /sapdump dircectory.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the way Hannes provided - does it work?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried Hannes procedure. But no luck. I dont know whether it is a opensuse problem or product catalog problem have to try in SELS 10.

Did any body installed on open suse.

Before trying in suse i have tried in RHEL 5 . But in that there is problem with java and up2date is not working to get dependent libs. Then I switched to OPEN SUSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My environment variables are:

JAVA_HOME=/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142

SAPINST_JRE_HOME=/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142

export JAVA_HOME SAPINST_JRE_HOME

PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOEM\bin

export PATH

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing

DO I need to install oracle before doing sapinst?

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear satesh,

no, you do not need to install the Oracle DB before calling sapinst. The sapinst does pause at one point and advises you to call the RUNINSTALLER from the SAP folder.

Additionally, I highly recommend that you read the installation guidelines available at the SAP Service Marketplace at [https://service.sap.com/instguides].

Best Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes

Thanks for your input.

I am following same steps what ever they had given in install doc.

In chapter 3 they said you need to check prerequisites and my system is fine withe required java space and all stuff.

AFter that what that doc said is

go to IM_LINUX_X86_64 and run ./sapinst

initially due to JRE problem even sapinst didn't show GUI with 1 2 3 4 5 steps

after installing ibm java for amd64 as per note 861215 and setting eve DISPLAY variable it is showing up the screen with the above said error. Only OK button is enabled on that and if I press OK sapinst is exiting out...

There is no explanation in install doc about such errors.

Is there any thing wrong with my IP. Because im using DHCP to assign ip automatically. My external router will take care about assigning IP.

When I set DISPLAY env i did like

DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

export DISPLAY

i dont have static ip for my server.

And are there any additional environmental variables i need to setup.

I am using LVM for partitions and all this i did as a root

I have 290 GB of hard disk space available on that particular lvm.

/etc/hosts /etc/services are file. No firewall configured ... able to access internet with out any problem.

Able to run java programs install eclipse and all stuff...

Is there any kernal parameters im missing??

If you can provide basic steps how exactly I have to start that would be really great.

Thanks in advance..

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear satesh,

1) you need to have a static IP address for your SAP system. The correct hostname and ip address need to be in the /etc/hosts file

2) An OpenSuse environment is not tested or certified for SAP. Unpredictable things may happen ...

3) The OpenSuse Kernel may not have the kernel parameters needed to run SAP. On SLES the sapinit rpm takes care of the values.

4) If the installer screen does not show up, try to connect with remote GUI, e.g. from your desktop (with ./startinstgui.sh)

Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

[http://www.myspacerev.com/uploads3/sCy3EGg6EE.png]

that is the actual error im getting...

Unable to start a service execution. Please check the following information for the possibble reason and inform the installation development : Opened sylib701.so exe dir is /tmp/sapinst_exe.5749.1214359951 MessageLib initialized successfully. Working directory changed to /tmp/sapinst_exe.5749.1214359951. Opened /tmp/sapinst_exe.5749.1214359951/iaguieng701.so Working directory changed to /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64. getspnam() returned NULL. checking existence of account user="root" uid="0" succeeded with true. inserted account (root, 0, USER) into the accountcache. receiving and sending on port 21200 doStartGuiServer() is now running... java is: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java startGui() returns... getgrnam set errno to : 0 Account sapinst does not exist. Return value of function getgrnam(sapinst) is Success. checking existence of account group="sapinst" succeeded with false. A child process has been started. Pid = 5761 Account group="sapinst" gid="1000" created. Account group="sapinst" gid="1000" created. inserted account (sapinst, 1000, GROUP) into the accountcache. Real group ID set to 1000. account user="root" uid="0" exists with parameter gid="0" checking existence of account group="root" gid="0" succeeded with true. inserted account (root, 0, GROUP) into the accountcache. account user="root" uid="0" exists with parameter gid="0" account user="root" uid="0" exists with parameter groups="root" Previous Userinfo: DIR:'/root' GECOS:'root' GID:'0' GROUPS:'' NAME:'root' PASSWD:'x' PWDP:'$2a$05$s5ZdOe9irVp2jxe.MMtbP.TdOiCQGsWroOETIl.4JG.2m8NREDEIO' SHELL:'/bin/bash' UID:'0' New Userinfo: GROUPS:'root,sapinst' A child process has been started. Pid = 5765 Modification groups=="root,sapinst" for account user="root" uid="0" was successful. Modification groups=="root,sapinst" for account user="root" uid="0" was successful. exe dir is /tmp/sapinst_exe.5749.1214359951 Creating directory /tmp/sapinst_instdir. Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/x. Removing file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/x. retrieving account information for group sapinst... Account sapinst already exists. getting ACL of /tmp/sapinst_instdir succeeded. inserted account (Everyone, -17, GROUP) into the accountcache. Editing rights (rwx): (1000, GROUP, =rwx) Setting rights of sapinst to rwx Editing rights (rwx): (0, USER, =rwx) Setting rights of root to rwx Editing rights (rwx): (-17, GROUP, =rwx) Setting rights of Everyone to rwx chmod(/tmp/sapinst_instdir, 0777) succeeded Authorizations set for /tmp/sapinst_instdir. retrieving account information done. Working directory changed to /tmp/sapinst_exe.5749.1214359951. Opened /tmp/sapinst_exe.5749.1214359951/iakdblib701.so Working directory changed to /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64. This is SAPinst, version 701, make variant 700_REL, build 967243 compiled on Mar 6 2008, 21:44:08 current working directory is /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64 Creating file /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64/start_dir.cd. Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/x. Removing file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/x. retrieving account information for group sapinst... Account sapinst already exists. getting ACL of /tmp/sapinst_instdir succeeded. Editing rights (rwx): (1000, GROUP, =rwx) Setting rights of sapinst to rwx Editing rights (rwx): (0, USER, =rwx) Setting rights of root to rwx Editing rights (rwx): (-17, GROUP, =rwx) Setting rights of Everyone to rwx Authorizations set for /tmp/sapinst_instdir. retrieving account information done. File /sapdump/INST_MASTER/BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64/product.catalog is not a valid control.xml. The execution will be terminated now.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear satesh,

all left is either trying to use SLES10, then you can open an OSS call and get directly help from development or you can try to download the latest sapinst installation master from service marketplace.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes

I figured out the problem. Problem is old sapinst process is running and it is mapping to old temp data.

Once i cleared all tmp data and invoke sapinst from /tmp/install it going forward.

Now I am at the step of selecting packages.

When I select /sapdump for the field copy from it is giving some error saying that packages are not found.

It means it is not looking into sub folders automatically.

I have Selected SAP Netweaver 7 -->Central Instance..

My question now is what is exact path I have to select for inst packages... in my case /sapdump is the root folder for all sap sources and im not using dvd's to install.

Thanks for your help.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear satesh,

Yes, you have to point sapinst to the correct folder. If it is asking for Kernel DVD, point it to the Kernel DVD folder, if it asks for the Java DVD point it to the Java DVD folder and so on and so forth .

Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now I am getting this error

http://www.myspacerev.com/uploads3/xlzlzovTYb.png

ERROR 2008-06-25 17:31:11.42

FCO-00152 An empty package path was returned by the CD server.(Requested package : SAPINST )

ERROR 2008-06-25 17:31:11.043

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: controller.packagePathEmpty.

ERROR 2008-06-25 17:31:11.132

FCO-00011 The step loadUsageTypes with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Init|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|loadUsageTypes was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: controller.packagePathEmpty.).

Please look at the screen shoot I have provided above.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What´s the relevant output of sapinst_dev.log?

And: please put CODE tags (the <> sign close to the bold/italic/underline) around the log, it´s otherwise almost unreadable!

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the exact screen shoot

http://www.myspacerev.com/uploads3/xlzlzovTYb.png

On the left hand corner message in red color is the exact log im getting.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear satesh,

the error "_An empty package path was returned by the CD server_" simply says, that one of the CD's does not have to correct label or that some files on the CD are missing. Maybe, copying again may help or you.

Again, I still recommend to use a certified distribution. OpenSuse ist not certified for SAP!

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Finally We have installed SLES 10 SP2

now after selecting jdk home, policy and required packages etc ....... Im getting bellow error..

ERROR 2008-07-01 22:24:23

FCO-00011 The step runChecks with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|P rerequisiteCheckerDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|runChecks was executed with status ERROR .

Hannes you have any idea about this?

Initially I thought it is bcoz of swap space which was 3GB for 6GB ram now i have increased it to 12GB

I think it is not a swap space problem...

Edited by: satesh anumala on Jul 2, 2008 4:35 AM

Here are last few lines of sapinst_dev.log

ERROR 2008-07-01 22:24:23

FCO-00011 The step runChecks with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|PrerequisiteCheckerDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|runChecks was executed with status ERROR .

TRACE

<html><head></head><body><p>An error occurred while processing service <b>SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 1 > SAP Systems > Oracle > Central System > Central System Installation</b>. You may now</p><ul> <li>press <I>Retry</I> to repeat the current step.</li> <li>press the <I>View Log</I> button to get more information about the error.</li> <li>stop the task and continue with it later.</li></ul><p>Log files are written to <b>/tmp/install</b>.</p></body></html>

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1093]

showDialog()

waiting for an answer from gui

INFO 2008-07-01 22:26:11 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:787]

showDialog()

An error occured and the user decide to stop.\n Current step "|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|PrerequisiteCheckerDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|runChecks".

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:66]

showDialog()

Assertion failure: 1 calls to installer.popMapping() are missing in current step.

Edited by: satesh anumala on Jul 2, 2008 4:35 AM

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear satesh,

two things come to my mind:

1) please check your environment variables: JRE_HOME and JAVA_HOME if they point to links instead to real folders.

2) There are known problems with SLES10 and old versions of sapinst. Please fetch the latest version of sapinst from the SAP Service Marketplace. Then it should work.

Thanks,

Hannes

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Initially I thought it is bcoz of swap space which was 3GB for 6GB ram now i have increased it to 12GB

Swap space should be at least size of RAM (so 64 GB).

Did you install sapinit.rpm of SP2? Means, is there a /etc/sysctl.conf?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the output

new-host:/tmp/install # cat /etc/sysctl.conf

1. Disable response to broadcasts.

2. You don't want yourself becoming a Smurf amplifier.

net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts = 1

1. enable route verification on all interfaces

net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 1

1. enable ipV6 forwarding

#net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding = 1

1. Added for SAP on 2008-07-01 21:44:13 UTC

kernel.shmmax = -1

kernel.sem = 1250 256000 100 8192

kernel.shmall = 1152921504606846720

vm.max_map_count = 300000

new-host:/tmp/install #

i have 6GB of RAM and given 13GB of swap space.

Java_HOMe and SAPINST_JRE_HOME are fine...

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now that you are using SLES 10, a supported SAP Operating System, you may want to go through the following note - [SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10: Installation notes|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/958253]. There are many things that you should check.

Regards,

Nelis

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

satesh,

have you tried the latest sapinst? There are known bugs with the prereq checker with sles10. Please use the most recent sapinst from SAP Service Marketplace.

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have download new sapinst and My system is now in installation process...

Right now at Step 8 It is asking me to run Oracle Installer but if i follow instructions I am getting bellow error:

SAPinst now stops the installation.

To proceed with the installation, install the Oracle database as follows:

Set the DISPLAY variable.

Change to directory /oracle/stage/102_64/database/SAP.

Start './RUNINSTALLER'.

After you installed the Oracle database software, proceed with the database instance installation by choosing 'OK' in this dialog box.

Using paramFile: /oracle/stage/102_64/database/install/oraparam.ini

Checking installer requirements...

Checking operating system version: must be redhat-3, SuSE-9, redhat-4, UnitedLinux-1.0, asianux-1 or asianux-2

Failed <<<<

Exiting Oracle Universal Installer, log for this session can be found at /tmp/OraInstall2008-07-03_07-14-06AM/installActions2008-07-03_07-14-06AM.log

Is there any patch or not im missing?

Edited by: satesh anumala on Jul 3, 2008 2:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satesh,

This is because your oracle software was built before that SuSe 10 was supported.

Please edit this file /oracle/stage/102_64/database/install/oraparam.ini

First, find the line where you have the list of all supported system.

redhat-3, SuSE-9, redhat-4, UnitedLinux-1.0, asianux-1 or asianux-2

Please add ,SuSe-10 as below and save.

redhat-3, SuSE-9, SuSE-10, redhat-4, UnitedLinux-1.0, asianux-1 or asianux-2

I had this problem for redhat-5 witch was not in the list. I added it like I explain and then simply ran the oracle installer again and the problem was solved.

Best regards,

Olivier

Edited by: Olivier Vanderperre on Jul 3, 2008 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I got not from Nocvell it is also saying samething

http://ftp.novell.com/partners/oracle/docs/10gR2_sles10_install.pdf

Iam gonna do that now....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now problem is with XWindows:

oracle default shell is /bin/csh:

and I did

#setenv DISPLAY 192.168.1.4:0.0

and then ran ./RUNINSTALLER

it is not able to show installer screen

Then I went to YAST2 --> User Management and added oracle user to Xok, Vedio

but no luck

even after setting the DISPLAY env variable xclock is not working

xclock is saying that Can't Display xclock on 192.168.1.4:0.0

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> xclock is saying that Can't Display xclock on 192.168.1.4:0.0

You have to enable you XWindow to allow connections from any host. How this is done depends on your software version...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Logon as root and do the command

xhost +

Then restart the oracle installer.

Brgds,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

ssh -X ora<sid>@hostnmae worked with SLES 10 SP2