cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update another application database when data changes on SAP side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need some ideas on a scenario that we want to do.

We have several products of our company which we want to integrate with SAP tables, CRM etc.,

We are going to use Netweaver PI integration.

One of the requirement is that when ever changes happen to the tables on SAP side, we want the same changes to be incorporated on our product side automatically, so that both

data will be in Sync.

I would like to hear from experts about their experience regarding this kind of scenario. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

PS. We have already done a scenario where we have created a button on our application side and when clicked it will sync both databases. However, we don't want to wait for the synching to happen for this button push. Instead we want it to happen as and when the changes happen on SAP side.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for all the info. I appreciate it a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use change pointers or abap proxies called by userexits on transactions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the response.

Are there any good articles or any course that SAP offers regarding this?

I would appreciate if you could please let me know.

Tks

Ram

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

It is daily routene for ABAPers. Creating a user exit and calling the proxy function from there.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to update the another application on the fly

then you can think of using BTE (Business Transaction Events)

award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently done the ABAP objects course (BC401) and with that knowledge I will be tackling some ABAP routines within my proxies.

Change pointers and idocs are not covered but there are plenty of documents out there if you search google for "SAP IDOC". The sap help on enhancements in this area are also good!