cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified table - Text Normalized field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to create one field in qualified table as text normalized. But then once i select the option as text normalized in field type, the qualifier properties gets disabled. So how can i make a text normalised to be yes qualifier.

Also i want to search a record according to the text as well as text normalized. It means when the user will search a record it can do with text as well as with special characters. But the recorde found should be same.

Can anyone give the solution for this ASAP.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I have to use search the recorde with special character also as well as with normalized.

For e.g if the record exist 121 and 1-2-1 should give the same result for the search.

How can we do this.Any options.

ThANKS

DEVINDERPAL YADAV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendarpal,

You create a Text field Employee Name and abc as a text normalized field now log in to the data manager.

Enter the name Vinay now in Text normalized field enter V-I-N_A_Y.

Go to free form Search an d go to field abc and type Vinay or V-I-N_A_Y.

In both the cases Search result will be same.

Reward if helpfu.

Regards,

Vinay yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to create one field in qualified table as text normalized. But then once i select the option as text normalized in field type, the qualifier properties gets disabled. So how can i make a text normalised to be yes qualifier.

I am on MDM 5.5 SP6 Patch1 (Build: 5.561.48)

I tried it we cant Create Qualifier field of Type Text Normalized. So we can make use of it as only non-qualifier field only in Qualified Table.

We may hope this functionality in New MDM Releases.

For e.g if the record exist 121 and 1-2-1 should give the same result for the search.

For this Create field of type Text Normalized as Keyword Property = None always in Field Property of MDM Console so only Text Normalizied search give the same result for the search. i mean it will find both these two records 121 and 1-2-1 even if you write 121,1-2-1 or 1#2#1 for your Text Normalized field in free-form search of your Data Manager.

Hope it will help you,

Rewards if Useful....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DevendraPal,

Please check the Field properties for Text Normalized field it does not support few for example

search Tab,Image Variants,Default Unit,Decimal laces,LookUp Table etc.So Idont think it is possible to make a Text normalized as a Qualifier or non qualifier as it does not support Qualified Table Property.

Reward if Helpful.

Regards,

Vinay Yadav